Official Website of Barcelona Football Club  » Web sites  »
  • As soon as I typed up the ultra resource locator, the welcome page popped up very quickly and I thought the loading speed was super fast, but I had to go beyond the welcoming page to the actual site and that took quite a while
  • I think I waited about a minute and a half for the page to fully load as I made myself a cup of coffee, and as each element loaded completely, the page looked more and more brilliant
  • Otherwise the grey background makes for great focal points and as a web developer myself, I must say that I was totally impressed with the functionality of the site, in addition to the elements, such as rotating gallery photographs that are inverted when rotated
  • Some great graphical work which makes the site a whole lot more interesting to me

• by alexd187

Now I am not really a die-hard fan of Barcelona (being with Arsenal) but of late I have become a fan of the type of football they play. With that in mind, I can’t say that I am a regular on their official website, www.barcelonafc.com, but the recent on-goings on the field of play, manifested in their playing style, could not help but draw my interest and thus has me following their news, developments and results more regularly than someone who is not a staunch supporter would do.

the loading speed was super fast, but I had to go beyond the welcoming page to the actual site and that took quite a while. I think I waited about a minute and a half for the page to fully load as I made myself a cup of coffee, and as each element loaded completely, the page looked more and more brilliant.

The most outstanding feature about the page though, although it loaded in English with regard to my location, was the fact that a lot of different continental languages are supported. It would have been insane for me to load the site in any other language than ...

• English though, so I proceeded to check the site out.

I think the team colors are used very well, in that they only occur as actual representations of items that bear the team colors, like in a picture of the empty stadium seats or snapshots of the players in action, in team colors. Otherwise the grey background makes for great focal points and as a web developer myself, I must say that I was totally impressed with the functionality of the site, in addition to the elements, such as rotating gallery photographs that are inverted when rotated. Some great graphical work which makes the site a whole lot

more interesting to me.

Although the information is not as extensive as some of the ones of teams from the English Premier League, the rate at which the information changes resembles the fast-paced manner in which the football club goes about their business, snapping up results as quickly as games come and I really think it was a true reflection of how things operate at Barcelona Football Club.

I think this is a great website for supporters who seek to stay up to date with proceedings at the club, but those who want an in-depth view into the history of the club will have to dig a little deeper.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2027011403251031/k2311a0127/1.27.11