Nike+ Training System  » Sport  »
  • The system however, only works with Nike branded trainers that bear the Nike+ logo and fortunately the pair that I bought was not all that much more expensive than ordinary running shoes, plus Nike trainers I had owned in the past seemed to last very long so I had no problem with the pricing

• by alexd187

I really think I would have rated the user-friendliness of this running performance analysis system much higher if connection to the internet was not such a big part of its operation and I had to connect as part of the setup process to download the software to be installed, but fortunately it wasn’t a big download at all.

Now the Nike+ training system isn’t exactly a training system I’d say has the most features I’ve seen but because I only really needed for simple features to go with optimal training levels for my tennis fitness, the data collection and logging for post

analysis is good enough for me and again, the internet is essential in carrying this out.

Consisting out of a footpod sensor and SportBand, the extra weight carried is negligible as I got used to the band on my wrist with no irritations.

The system however, only works with Nike branded trainers that bear the Nike+ logo and fortunately the pair that I bought was not all that much more expensive than ordinary running shoes, plus Nike trainers I had owned in the past seemed to last very long so I had no problem with the pricing.

Before I could use the device ...

• fully, the footpod inside my trainer had to synchronize with the SportBand, and it was a rather simple process that didn’t take all of two minutes.

Since I am rather serious about my training, I collaborated with my fitness coach in order to have the device calibrated, even though an out-of-the-box accuracy of ninety percent is claimed by Nike, and we found it to be quite accurate.

Once everything was set up, I could enjoy the benefits of being able to assess my performance by way of distance covered, average speed and calories burnt and although it doesn’t have automatic start/stop functionality, being

able to pause it makes up for that deficiency.

Uploading the data online was relatively simple, with a great interface with which to work and the community features are quite fun too, in that I can share information and advice with fellow Nike+ users from all over the world.

The Coach functionality is also quite handy as I can set goals and assess my progress thereof, with a few sports specific pre-designed programs included.

The basic functionality of the Nike+ training system makes it a great buy for me, especially since it is far less costly than the usual $200 trend of training watches.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3527011403190931/k2311a0127/1.27.11