Tokyo Imperial Palace East Garden  » Travel  »
1-1 Chiyoda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
  • If you are traveling to Tokyo, I think the Imperial Palace East Garden is a place worth visiting
  • It is said that the best time to visit is March or April (spring season in Japan), but I visited it in November during my business trip in Japan

• by Pusaka

If you are traveling to Tokyo, I think the Imperial Palace East Garden is a place worth visiting. This place is not only easily reached but also quite beautiful to enjoy. It is said that the best time to visit is March or April (spring season in Japan), but I visited it in November during my business trip in Japan.

I used the subway and got off at Otemachi station. This is the closest station to the Imperial Palace East Garden which is

open to the public. The main entrance is via a bridge over a fairly wide moat toward a big gate guarded by several men dressed in military. I got the impression that every visitor could be expected to be a troublemaker. But there was no body examination as is normally done at some airports. There is no ticket booth around the entrance as the admission fee is free.

As the name implies, this place is dominated by flower gardens, both located on land ...

• and in water. For flower fans of course this is a paradise to enjoy dozens of the most beautiful flowers in Japan. Pedestrian paths are winding, some up and down small hills, and cross some clean and beautiful trenches, which give additional value. Strolling in the garden made me fresh and happy.

Too bad, other than the flowers, it is hard to find anything else in this place. I only found a small museum and a souvenir outlet. The size of the whole

park is not great. It is about 400 meters in diameter. The most impressive thing was when I encountered a gate that connects the park with the Imperial Palace (the gate was reputedly used to supply foodstuff for the palace), imagine that the distance between the visitors with the Japanese emperor (living on the other side of the gate) is not more than 300 meters!

Because not much could be seen, I only lasted an hour in this place and then went to Shinjuku for shopping.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3827011403140931/k2311a0127/1.27.11