Dance Central Xbox Kinect Game  » Games  »
  • I was the one against the game but I think I can safely say that I am the one who enjoys it the most, especially since I usually win, and I attribute that to my school days as a revue dancer, from which I learned how to grasp choreographed dance moves very quickly, and that is pretty much what this game is all about
  • I love the track list as well, with songs from some of my favorite artists featured, like Snoop Dogg and Lady Gaga and Cascada to name but just a few and things can get really addictive

• by alexd187

After the Adventure Pack game bundle that came with my Xbox Kinect package, the first premium game I was influenced to buy was Dance Central. My cousin thought is would be fun so we proceeded to fork out $40 for it.

I really don’t know why I didn’t think it would be fun, even though I am rather conservative when it come to my gaming preference, with my inclination leaning towards sports and racing genres, but as I had initially expected, Kinect games would be centered more around genres that encourage heavy motional involvement. I must admit that had the choice been solely up to me, I would have probably gone for a sports genre such as some sort of

tennis or boxing game.

Even at gaming arcades which I frequented quite a lot as a little kid, I was never really into dancing games and the first I would try one was after I had actually went out and bought one, on the Xbox Kinect front.

I was the one against the game but I think I can safely say that I am the one who enjoys it the most, especially since I usually win, and I attribute that to my school days as a revue dancer, from which I learned how to grasp choreographed dance moves very quickly, and that is pretty much what this game is all about. We simply pick a song and learn the dance moves ...

• (which are not easy at all) and try and emulate them as accurately as possible to score the highest points.

It was quite difficult for all of us in the household to get to grips with as the Kinect motion sensor seemingly tracks every single part of the body, often seeing me missing out on a lot of points because of overlooking simple moves such as finger waving, ‘Spirit Fingers’ or fist clenching. It really impresses me how every single move is tracked and when I eventually got the hang of it, it proved to be so much fun indeed.

Gaga and Cascada to name but just a few and things can get really addictive. Graphics aren’t really something that comes to mind while playing this game as simply trying to get the moves right and getting physically involved takes up just about all my focus. I also never ever feel any sort of guilt if I play this game for hours and hours because that way I work up a good sweat and I reckon it all goes down as a great form of exercise.

If this is anything to go by, I am looking forward to more Kinect games to go with my Xbox that has seemingly discovered new powers in the form of the Kinect motion sensor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2826011402970531/k2311a0126/1.26.11