L’Oreal Paris Colorist Secrets Shine Gloss Hair Treatment  » Health  »
0.5
  • When I saw this Loreal product in the store while shopping for my usual hair color product, I decided to give it a try
  • It did not smell exactly like hair color, but it did have a vile chemical smell that I found most unpleasant
  • I was terribly disappointed in this product

• by reviewabit

My hair has had a rough life. Coloring frequently has damaged it, as well as age, medical conditions and the fact that I refuse to cut it as short as my hairstylist recommends. The ends of my hair look frizzy, dry, and require major heat appliance use to even make them resemble real hair. Shine is not something I take for granted.

While the hair on the top of my head is adequately shiny, the ends are another story. When I saw this Loreal product in the store while shopping for my usual hair color product, I decided to give it a try. I use Loreal’s hair color most of the time, and get good results with it.

I trust the brand. I am accustomed to conditioning products

that promise shine, but this was set up more like a hair coloring product and that confused me a bit, as I associate hair color chemicals with mild damage to the hair, and certainly not a healthy shine. This kit has a developer that you mix with tubes of “gloss” and leave on for ten minutes.

It includes gloves for application, which baffled me even more. Since there was no dye involved, obviously the gloves were not for protecting the appearance of my skin, but for its safety. Something strong enough to hurt my hands was supposed to make my hair shinier?

I tried it anyway, hopeful that Loreal knew more about this than I did.

The concoction I put on my hair did not smell pleasant. It ...

• did not smell exactly like hair color, but it did have a vile chemical smell that I found most unpleasant. After the ten minute treatment, I was to follow with the included high moisture conditioner.

This didn’t smell quite as bad, but it was not pleasant either. Fortunately, once it was rinsed from my hair it was only faintly detectable. After rinsing my hair felt much like it did when I used hair color, which worried me, because I was due to color my hair again in only a couple of weeks, and the cumulative damage between the two products might be significant if this product caused a similar effect.

After drying my hair I took a good look at it. It did not look

any shinier to me. It didn’t look any worse, so at least there was no damage, but I did not see any additional shine.

I continued to use the conditioner for a couple of washes, but after that I became annoyed with the fragrance and the fact that my hair looked and felt better when I used my regular conditioner, so I went back to my previous product and that was quite a relief!

I was terribly disappointed in this product. I just didn’t see any effect at all, and it was a lot of wasted time and money. I have since used several conditioning treatments which provided better results, and did not require the use of gloves or stink up my bathroom.

I do not recommend this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426011402840531/k2311a0126/1.26.11