Little Noses Decongestant Nose Drops, Children .50 fl oz
  • I was never personally a fan of nose drops, as I found them uncomfortable to use and always thought they could create a dependency on decongestants
  • Since his mom felt good about the product, I felt pretty sure this would be ok, because she is a smart lady and would never recommend something dangerous
  • He definitely seemed to feel better, and before bed that night I gave him another dose
  • This time it wasn’t such a big struggle as he was sleepy and also I think he realized the drops really worked

• by reviewabit

I occasionally babysit a nine year old little boy when his mother has to leave town for business meetings. There have been several times that I ended up being a nurse as well as a babysitter, since he was brought to me sick or injured. On one occasion, he was brought over with a severe cold and cough, and his poor little head was so stuffy he could only breathe through his mouth when he slept. His mom had brought over some medicine given to him by the doctor, but it was not a decongestant, and did nothing for his poor nose.

I watched sadly as he tried to sleep the first night, with already having a fever and body aches, and then waking frequently to sneeze. His mouth was terribly dry from breathing though it as he slept, and although I applied chapstick

generously, it didn’t really help the inside of the mouth and it was difficult for him to swallow when he woke. The poor little guy just looked miserable, so on the second day, I called and talked to his mom and she said that she had used a brand of kid’s nasal drops before and it worked well, so she gave me the name “Little Noses” and I went to the pharmacy later to get them.

This was a product that had the same active ingredient as many of the adult formulas, but it was a weak solution, one eighth strength– so it was much gentler to a little system. I was never personally a fan of nose drops, as I found them uncomfortable to use and always thought they could create a dependency on decongestants. Since his mom felt good about the product, I felt ...

• pretty sure this would be ok, because she is a smart lady and would never recommend something dangerous.

I had been warned that the child would not be happy about using the nose drops. He and I shared a similar dislike for the feel of them. I offered my sympathy and explained that I agreed about using them, but that it was the only thing that would make him feel better.

This didn’t work, of course, and I had to resort to the ever useful ice-cream bribe. It seldom fails. I figured he deserved a treat after such a miserable night anyway.

After we finally got the nose drops in, I sent my partner for ice cream and we settled in to watch a Disney film. Within about an hour, I could tell a huge difference in his ability to breathe through his nose.

Although it was not completely clear, it was noticeably better, and his speech became more clear because of it.

He definitely seemed to feel better, and before bed that night I gave him another dose. This time it wasn’t such a big struggle as he was sleepy and also I think he realized the drops really worked. That night he slept much better and only breathed through his mouth for very brief periods.

Within a couple of days, he was well on his way back to health and mischief. I would also add that the product works for adults too. When I got a cold later on, I remembered I still had the drops in my medicine cabinet, so I used them.

Even at the reduced strength dosage, they still helped to clear my nose. I think this is a great product for colds in persons of any age.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426011402830531/k2311a0126/1.26.11