Surya Henna Burgundy Cream Hair Color 2.31 oz  » Health  »
  • When I decided that the chemicals in hair color dyes were doing more damage to my hair than good, I decided to try a natural product instead
  • I do recommend it for anyone wanting a more natural choice

• by reviewabit

When I decided that the chemicals in hair color dyes were doing more damage to my hair than good, I decided to try a natural product instead. I had heard several people lavish praise on a product called Hennalucent, but was unable to find it at the time. Instead, I opted for another henna based product on the market Surya. The package information impressed me. This is a product based on henna, natural and organic extracts, and contains no harsh chemicals or animal products.

There’s nothing to hurt the environment or your health– which had been a concern to me for some time. Darker hair dyes are associated with a risk of lymphoma, and I use the darker brunette varieties myself. This is a cream formula, that comes with gloves for application just like most traditional hair color kits. It is extremely easy

to use.

Considering the natural formula and the difficulty in finding the product, the price is pretty reasonable. The package claimed that white or gray coverage was guaranteed on the first application. I was a little skeptical about this, because I had used several over the counter hair colors that did not cover my gray. These were generally of the semi-permanent type.

I was told by my hair stylist that I have very resistant gray hair. I chose a burgundy color. One drawback with this hair color product is that there are not a great variety of shades like with the products you see in mainstream stores. I had been told by someone not to expect very deep or vibrant color from a henna product, that it would be more subtle, so I assumed the burgundy would be less intense than what was suggested ...

• in the product description.

The gloves were just like the ones with most other hair colors, and the waiting time was a bit longer, which was expected. The cream goes on easily and covers well. I liked the fragrance of the product, which seemed very light and natural. When I rinsed the product out, my hair actually felt like hair.

Normally, after a color treatment, my hair feels much like a wet mop, and it takes the super-rich conditioners that are included with the kits to even get it to a stage where it can be brushed. After the Surya, it felt conditioned and healthy. I was well impressed. It was difficult to tell the color result until I had dried my hair, but once it was dry, wow! There was much more of a rich burgundy color than I

had expected.

It wasn’t too bright for me, but any brighter and it might have been. The gray at my hairline was about 96% covered. I would love to say it got all of it, but it didn’t quite. However, it really got much more than I had ever expected.

It may have been my shampoo habits or other factors, or maybe it is the nature of the product, but the vibrancy of the color did not last long, at least not compared to the chemical brands. I still was very pleased with the product over all. I have since tried a few other natural typ hair color products to compare, but because of the conditioning effect and the overall ease of use, I may go back to this product. I do recommend it for anyone wanting a more natural choice.

Amy Martinez says :

May I know the complete name, address and telephone no. of the dealer source of the Surya Henna Cream Hair Color in the Philippines? Please reply.

reviewabit replies :

Hi Amy I am just a customer who used the product– in America. I do not have access to this information you request. I did a search but cannot find who the American distributor is, but if you can perhaps contact someone who actually sells the products, they might have more information for you. Try Amazon or one of the major online retailers who sell their products. Sorry I could not be of more help. Reviewabit

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426011402810531/k2311a0126/1.26.11