Light Mountain Henna Red Hair color 4 oz  » Health  »
  • When I decided to try a few natural alternatives to chemical hair dyes which had been eating my hair’s quality alive, henna based products were among the first suggested to me
  • Instead, I found the Light Mountain brand at a local store and decided to try it instead
  • If you have no problem with the mess or the tangles, then you might be just fine with this brand

• by reviewabit

When I decided to try a few natural alternatives to chemical hair dyes which had been eating my hair’s quality alive, henna based products were among the first suggested to me. My first try was with a henna based cream formula, and although it didn’t quite cover my gray, it was close, and did give me a vibrant color and left my hair feeling in really good condition compared to the usual chemical dyes. I had heard unanimous praise for Hennalucent brand, but was unable to find it right away and didn’t want to order it online because of the shipping.

Instead, I found the Light Mountain brand at a local store and decided to try it instead. It is much like the Hennalucent brand, in that it is a powdered mix that you add water to and

apply as a paste to your hair.

I had heard so many stories about how much fun it was and how great it was for your hair. Assuming it would be as conditioning as the henna cream color, I expected the same sort of outcome.

I can’t say that I didn’t enjoy making a red/brown mud and slathering it through my hair, but that was where the “fun” ended. Cleaning up the mess took forever, and the mud pack felt like an elephant sitting on my head while I waited for it to work.

The unbelievable mess was just the first part of the ordeal. I had no idea the stuff was going to be so difficult to get out of my hair.

I suppose I should have expected this, given the consistency and the ...

• fact I had packed it on top of my head for thirty minutes. After at least three solid minutes of just trying to get the top layer of it loosened up enough to try and rinse the rest of the hair, I knew this was not going to be easy.

I rinsed and rinsed, only to open my eyes and see red mud still running out of my hair from the rinse water. I would say that I probably spent thirty minutes just rinsing the henna mud out of my hair.

This was what they meant was so much fun?

Once the water ran reasonably clear, I realized that my hair was hideously tangled, and did not feel conditioned at all like with the other product I had used. I suppose all the friction from the thirty

minutes of rinsing did not help the situation.

Although it did not tell me to use a conditioner, I did– because it was the only way I could have managed my hair after that without breaking or damaging it. After conditioning and drying, I do have to admit, th product did a good job.

The color was just as vibrant as the other products, and I was pleased with the overall look. If given the choice, I would prefer the other product because it is less messy, (it applies just like regular hair color) is not difficult to rinse, and does not tangle up your hair.

If you have no problem with the mess or the tangles, then you might be just fine with this brand. I personally go for the convenience of a cream, especially since the results were comparable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426011402800531/k2311a0126/1.26.11