Yasmin Contraceptive Pills
1.5
  • Based on my experience, I don’t recommend Yasmin to anyone

• by bbmyla

I was on another contraceptive pills for three years before my new OBgyne recommended Yasmin combined oral contraceptive pill to me. I gained considerable weight from years of taking my previous contraceptive pill so I was glad when my OBgyne told me that Yasmin should be milder and should be better for women whose primary respond to contraceptive pills is weight gain. She also told me that most of her clients are happy with it and that none of them reported a dramatic weight

gain as a side effect of Yasmin.

I gladly took her advice and she was right. I didn’t gain a single pound while on Yasmin. After a few months of using it, I actually shed a few pounds! My skin also became a lot less dry. But there’s one side effect of Yasmin that made me decide to stop taking it.

I didn’t notice the side effect until I was on my sixth month of taking Yasmin and actually, it was my husband ...

• who first pointed it out. With Yasmin, I was a lot more emotional than usual. I also somehow became depressive. It was not difficult to make me cry, to anger me, to make me sad, and to provoke me. My new emotional character negatively affected my relationships—not just with my husband but also with my family, and with my close friends. So when my husband suggested that I should stop taking Yasmin (and all contraceptive pill for that mater) in attempt to salvage our
        harmonic relationship, I agreed and a month later, I became my old cheerful self again.

Based on my experience, I don’t recommend Yasmin to anyone. Better go for condom or other form of birth control. But if you still decide to take it, bear in mind that when you are feeling unusually depressive or furious while on Yasmin, be aware that it’s just a side effect of your contraceptive pill. In this way, you can control your reaction to your negative emotions.

Yasmin Contraceptive Pills

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426011402410431/k2311a0126/1.26.11