RCA RS 1285 5 Disc CD Player  » Electronics  »
  • It does tend to skip if I so much as walk by it, but that was the biggest problem I had
  • Over all, this is not the best CD player that I have ever purchases, but for the price I was pretty satisfied

• by reviewqueenb
      The RCA RS 1285 5 Disc CD Player is a fairly impressive machine. It was less expensive than many of the other CD players in the store that I purchased it from, yet the quality was about the same as its

more expensive counterparts.

It does tend to skip if I so much as walk by it, but that was the biggest problem I had.

The speaker system is excellent.

The sound is very clear and the volume can be very loud ...

• at very low levels.

The double tape player on the bottom does seem to take up some unnecessary space, but I suppose there are still a handful of people out there who wish to use tape players.

I have actually found

the tape recording capability of this CD player to be useful when trying to create a recording for a singing competition.

Over all, this is not the best CD player that I have ever purchases, but for the price I was pretty satisfied.

fred says :

the CD player will read CD`s but will not play them I have tried a single CD up to loading 5 Cd`s but the end result is the same. I do not know if I am loading them correctly, if any additional buttons must be pushed, not sure how to operate predicated on the fact I can not get the system to play. I highly doubt it is broken, but without knowing proper procedure can only assume perhaps it is….

Yesaya says :

The issue here is probably that the lens has some dust on it or it is failing to read, you may possibly need to get the lens cleaned or alternatively replaced.

Galega says :

There may not be any problem with the procedure as you are wondering. It is so simple, and similar to other players. You insert the CD and push the play button. That’s it. The problem is the fact that your player is not able to read the content of the CD. It can be because of severe dirt issue on the laser, or worse some internal problem. You can only do one thing and that is to clean the dirt. If problem persists, then you may need to call the service engineer to fix it.

jrghsegysrgyqreygf says :

im trying to do the same thing but it wont work

Yesaya says :

Its possibly a similar issue on the lens, and that the problem is its dirty or needs to be replaced

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162103140240931/k2311a0321/3.21.07