Barilla Whole Grain Rotini  » Food  »
  • I love the chewy texture and often stronger flavors offered by these pastas, all the reasons that many people dislike them
  • I was excited to see Barilla had whole grain pastas on sale at my supermarket recently, so I bought some
  • I thought it held the thick sauce I used on it very nicely
  • I think all of this is really great because I try whenever I can to eat healthy

• by sarahanne

I’m one of the rare people who loves whole grain pasta. I love the chewy texture and often stronger flavors offered by these pastas, all the reasons that many people dislike them. But I also really like the health benefits whole grain pasta offers. I was excited to see Barilla had whole grain pastas on sale at my supermarket recently, so I bought some.

This rotini cooks up in

a few minutes and holds together very nicely. I thought it held the thick sauce I used on it very nicely. I also thought the depth of the flavor it added to the dish was really wonderful, and I don’t think it competed with the flavor of the sauce at all, which some whole grain pastas can do at times.

I liked that this pasta was only 200 calories per ...

• serving, and contained only 1.5 grams of fat. It has a really great nutritional profile, as well, offering 15 percent of the daily value of phosphorus and 15 percent of the daily value of manganese. It also provides 8 percent of the daily value of iron, 6 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein per serving. It’s made with several different kinds of flours, including durum wheat flour, semolina
        flour, whole durum wheat flour, and oat flour, so there are several kinds of grains present in this product. In fact, on the box it states that there are 28 grams of whole grains per serving in this product according to the Whole Grain Council. I think all of this is really great because I try whenever I can to eat healthy. So it’s worth it to me to choose pastas like these.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2726011402390431/k2311a0126/1.26.11