Exertec Fitness Mini Stepper with Resistance Bands  » Health  »
  • Being the resourceful person that I was, I decided to utilize the resources that I had available at home, namely a set of study stairs
  • Not only did I lose a considerable amount of weight using this method, but I also was able to tone up my legs and hip area (problem areas that I still struggle with today)
  • The main positive is that it does not take up a lot of space and I love the fact that I have it set up in my bedroom (where it tends to be warmer) and I am able to easily put it away when I am done
  • Additionally, the fact that the resistance bands on the machine can be easily removed makes them very convenient to be used whenever I am exercising to my fitness videos
  • The main thing that I dislike about this product is how heavy it is

• by Simply_Fabulous

Even though I purchased this product at a yard sale last year, I never really felt motivated to use it until fairly recently. Several years ago I had experienced my biggest success pertaining to losing weight through maintaining a proper diet and exercising. At the time, I was in high school which meant that I did not have a lot of additional money to purchase a gym membership. Being the resourceful person that I was, I decided to utilize the resources that I had available at home, namely a set of study stairs. Every morning I would get up in the morning prior to school and exercise on the stairs. Not only did I lose a considerable amount of weight using this method, but I also was able to tone up my legs and hip area (problem areas that I still struggle with today).

Because I did not feel like spending hundreds of dollars on a product that would function similar to this one, I decided to dig this stepper out of storage and so far I have been satisfied with my decision.

The main positive about this product is the lack of space that it takes to set it up. This product basically consists of two individual steps on a platform. On the side of each step is a black ball which when turned controls the amount of resistance that the step has. In the center of the platform on the machine is a display panel which shows the amount of time that has been elapsed since I started exercising, the total amount of steps that I have taken, and the average number of steps that I have performed per minute. Of course, looking at this product you would not ...

• expect that it would give you too much of a workout. I will admit that the resistance bands that are attached to each side of the stepper are futile (at least for someone that is my height since the distance between my hands and the platform does not create enough tension). Basically, I just ignore the bands when I workout and just concentrate on stepping.

As far as the workout that this machine provides, there are numerous positives about it as well as there are numerous negatives. The main positive is that it does not take up a lot of space and I love the fact that I have it set up in my bedroom (where it tends to be warmer) and I am able to easily put it away when I am done. I also love the fact that it really works out my body

and I can feel the impact of the machine minutes within my workout. Additionally, the fact that the resistance bands on the machine can be easily removed makes them very convenient to be used whenever I am exercising to my fitness videos. The main thing that I dislike about this product is how heavy it is. Most of the time I am afraid that I might accidentally hurt my foot or drop it whenever I am moving it. I also dislike the fact that there are not a lot of options for adjusting the resistance settings in the steps. As someone in the beginning stages of my new fitness regimen, I find it to be frustrating that I have to stop every few minutes due to the fact that the workout is so physically demanding.

Overall, I would rate this product an 8 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3425011401820231/k2311a0125/1.25.11