Johnson’s New and Improved Bedtime Bath
  • Overall, I would recommend this product to parents who want to pamper their baby a little at bath time

• by mjcnv36

Through the years of having many children, I’ve tried lots of different bath products for my kids when they were babies. One I kind of like is Johnson’s Bedtime Bath. I tried this product for two reasons: first, it is made by Johnson and Johnson, a name that I know and completely trust. Secondly, I tried this bath product for my babies because according to the bottle, it is proven to help baby sleep better. What tired parent doesn’t want their baby to sleep better?

This bath product contains lavender, and so of course, the folks at Johnson and Johnson

used a lavender colored bottle. Personally, I really like this. Purple in any shade is pleasing to me and I felt soothed just looking at the bottle. I liked that the bottle was generously sized; it contains nine ounces of product inside. Because you only need one to three capfuls of this at a time depending on how big of a tub you bath your baby in, the bottle lasts a long time. The scent of this baby bath was like lavender oil, but this is not an oily product. The scent was pleasing and not overpowering.

• I was expecting lots of bubbles, but when I poured this product into the bathwater as it was running, there were very few bubbles. So, it is important to note that this is not a bubble bath product, nor is it soap to be used to clean babies. It is merely meant to be added to baby’s bath for aromatherapy purposes. Also, this product claims to be ‘new and improved’. I’m not sure how this product differed from the older recipe.

So, did my baby actually sleep better when I added this to his nightly bath? To be very honest,

I could not tell a difference at all. My baby seemed to sleep just fine before I tried this product and he slept just fine after I added this product. I would be very interested in reading some notes from Johnson and Johnson that would substantiate their claims about this product. Nonetheless, I do like it and I would use it again. Mainly I try to save this for use when my baby seems particularly fussy or just doesn’t seem to feel well. Overall, I would recommend this product to parents who want to pamper their baby a little at bath time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5425011401730231/k2311a0125/1.25.11