Ring Connection Prepaid Phone Service  » General services  »
  • Even though the fact that our home phone and cable services were bundled together in one package was convenient at the time that we signed up for services, after a period of time we soon realized that it was more than what we bargained for
  • We attempted to call Comcast in order to resolve the issue but the company was really of no help
  • Basically I paid the cost for the first month of service and an activation fee when I signed up and filled out the paper work
  • Aside from that, I love the fact that I am no longer susceptible to price increases in my phone bill without notice like I had in the past

• by Simply_Fabulous

For the past four or five years, my family had our phone service through Comcast Cable Company. Even though the fact that our home phone and cable services were bundled together in one package was convenient at the time that we signed up for services, after a period of time we soon realized that it was more than what we bargained for. The wires for both services had to be connected into this black box and our phone would not work unless the main cable wire from outside was connected into the box. There were several times when our phone calls would drop in the middle of a phone call and we also had several complaints from family members who attempted to call us but we greeted by a voice mail prompt. After a while, this became almost unbearable for us, especially because of what would happen in the event of a family emergency.

We attempted to call Comcast in order to resolve the issue but the company was really of no help. They sent out a service technician who told us that the cause was due to the cable signal. The same day after the technician supposingly remedied the situation, we started to once again have the same problems. Although I was unfamiliar with this company at the time that I signed up for service, I ultimately ending up signing up for service on Christmas Eve after going for a couple of days without any phone service. We have had our phone with this company for about a month now and so far we are very satisfied.

For those who are unfamiliar with how a prepaid home phone service works, let me explain. Basically I paid the cost for the first month of service and an activation fee when I signed up and filled out the paper work.

• Unlike when I had my phone with Comcast, the cost of my bill each month will not fluctuate. This company has several phone plans available as low as $19.99 (which is a basic phone service without caller ID or long distance). My family’s bill is about $42 before taxes and fees a month for home phone, a prorated amount of long distance minutes, and call waiting. Based on my income I was also able to qualify for an additional discount of $13.50 a month which was also discounted when I first signed up for the service. Overall my bill before local phone taxes only costs me about $30 a month and it is about $40 after taxes. Even though the cost of this phone service is very cheap, I have not experience any problems with it. Our phone was on the following Monday after we signed up which was very surprisingly since
        it was a holiday weekend.

I was very surprised that paying the phone bill online is not available when I checked the company’s website (www.ringconnection.net). I do like the fact that they have several service centers where I can pay my bill and I also can pay it over the phone without incurring any fees. So far, I can only see a few negatives about this service. The only one is that we can not accept collect calls (which I guess could be a good thing). Aside from that, I love the fact that I am no longer susceptible to price increases in my phone bill without notice like I had in the past. I also love that the bill that I receive from this company is easy to understand unlike Comcast’s bill which apparently (according to a sales representative) bills two month instead of one.

Overall, I would rate the quality of this service a 10 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2525011401690231/k2311a0125/1.25.11