Sims 2 Seasons  » Games  »
  • Like the name suggest, I thought it'll just integrate the weather element as a background effect in your neighborhood
  • Somewhat disappointed as half of the career rewards are just gold trophies to be put on display after all the hard work your Sims had went through
  • If you're patient enough, create a lake deep enough for your Sims to engage in a fishing experience
  • It can get boring to wait for a catch, especially when all you get initially are old, rotten boots
  • So real that I don't think I need one of my own anymore

• by fidainc
      Seasons have been requested, as add on element, by many in the official community ever since the Sims 1 era. Like the name suggest, I thought it’ll just integrate the weather element as a background effect in your neighborhood. Yes, the graphic is awesome; the lightning did scare me the first time. This game has always been widely known for its customizable content and you can set each neighborhood to have its own set of weather pattern.

Don’t go creating one to fit weather like Singapore or else you might as well skip purchasing this EP. Thanks to this EP, your Sims will never step out of the house in only their undies. They’ll automatically spin into predefined outfits befitting the weather.

Other than the expansion of your wardrobe selection, this EP introduced 6 new career paths for your Sims to choose from. There’s career in Law, Journalism, Education, Adventurer, Music and Gamer! Upon which, 6 new career rewards

awaits your hardworking Sims. Somewhat disappointed as half of the career rewards are just gold trophies to be put on display after all the hard work your Sims had went through.

More outdoor activities has been introduced where your Sims can play in the leaves, get soaked in the rain, have snowball fights, get sunburns, catch fireflies or, for the sadist player, get them struck by lightning. It caught me by surprise while playing this game at 4am, a fat penguin paid a visit during winter. It reminded me so much of Adam Sandler’s flick ‘Billy Madison’, but I swore I wasn’t high on anything.

As cute as they may be, the penguins are not adoptable but you can pet them as much as you want. Different seasons will affect your Sims needs and fears too. Their reaction to the weather is also commendably lifelike.

Watch them delightfully stand by the window to watch the snowfall or observe as they ...

• start to grumble when it’s raining. Also your Sims tends to be more romantic in spring and a lot friendlier in summer. If you’re patient enough, create a lake deep enough for your Sims to engage in a fishing experience.

It can get boring to wait for a catch, especially when all you get initially are old, rotten boots. In time, and luck, not only can they earn talent badge for it, they might catch a fish or two which can be kept away in the fridge for consumption later or show it off by hanging it up high on the wall for everyone to see. Get another Sims to join you and boost your friendship meter.

Definitely beats the usual butt-planting-to-the-floor hang outs. Be rewarded another kind of talent badge as a gardener by growing your own fruits or vegetable plantation. I thought weeding and bush trimming is already a hassle, tending a crop is worse! It takes a

lot of tender loving care if you want a top notch harvest.

Just like in Nightlife when you can become a vampire and a werewolf in Pets, for this EP, a new condition called PlantSimism, where you’re actually vegetablizing (no such word, I know, but its appropriate :P) your own Sims, will impart them with some amazing agricultural talents. The impressive weather effects do come with a price though. It does dominate your system that even if you do meet the required specifications, you may experience lags now and then especially when using the camera or video capture mode.

I’m glad that finally I can enjoy an EP which doesn’t require me to waste precious playing time to get out of my lot especially when I don’t think my 4 year old desktop will be able to take the load. I applaud EA for making this game closer and closer to real life. So real that I don’t think I need one of my own anymore.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282103140160931/k2311a0321/3.21.07