Loreal Hip Studio Secrets Concentrated Eye Shadow  » Cosmetics  »
  • They are so beautiful sitting in its pan and I know I must get them
  • They are rather cheap at $7 each and I think they are really reasonably priced considering they are highly pigmented and thus a little of this shadow goes a long way on my eye lids
  • HIP stands for High Intensity Pigments and this theme is definitely visible with the shades I got from the store
  • I love that the compact is round in shape thus the duo shades are sitting in halves
  • As much as I like the idea of functionality for this compact, I must say that the applicators are really useless considering they are made from lousy quality and thus do not pick the colors from the pan that well

• by janicemic

This is probably one of the most pigmented eye shadow I own aside from my favorite MAC ones. I was browsing Loreal’s counter in our local departmental store and I could not get my eyes off the HIP eye shadows. They are so beautiful sitting in its pan and I know I must get them. They are rather cheap at $7 each and I think they are really reasonably priced considering they are highly pigmented and thus a little of this shadow goes a long way on my eye lids. HIP stands for High Intensity Pigments and this theme is definitely visible with the shades I got from the store.

The packaging is rather functional however I do not really fancy them. They are very thick compact and do not look like most eye shadows

compact in my collection. They open through a flip open lid with clear frame that enable me to see the beautiful shades sitting in the compact. I love that the compact is round in shape thus the duo shades are sitting in halves. On the bottom of these shades is a department that house two very small eye shadow applicators and it has a miniature mirror attached to the wall of the compartment. As much as I like the idea of functionality for this compact, I must say that the applicators are really useless considering they are made from lousy quality and thus do not pick the colors from the pan that well. I usually love mirror in compact however this one is too small for me to see my eye lids. I have to ...

• sacrifice and only see one eye lids at a time. When I wanted to see if both eye lids have balance in colors, I could never do that with this mirror.

Besides this, I hate how difficult it is to lift the bottom compartment. I have to keep long nails to be able to do that.

I love how the shades from the compact pan appear the same when I apply them on my lids. The color stay true to the pan and I am really happy with them. The texture of this product is really concentrated and I love that they have shimmers in them but not harsh glitters type. They are smooth shimmers in the eye shadow powder and thus they make my eyes look so beautiful but yet they are slightly matte

in texture. I could apply in almost every occasion possible. The eye shadow does not feel very soft upon application though. They are not as smooth on the skin like the real quality ones, however the color payoff is great. I can easily build really intense smoky eyes with this pan without using a lot of them. They are very wearable and the colors are very buildable.

However, I did find them to sting my eyes a little upon application. It still happens every now and then when I use this shadows. The stinging sensation would last for about 10 minutes and it will be totally gone after that. I still love this shades and since they are very long lasting, I do not have to touch up the colors even after 5 hours of wearing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125011401500231/k2311a0125/1.25.11