Nivea Extra Whitening Pore Minimizer Antiperspirant Deodorant 50 ml  » Health  »
  • Since I have lost a good deal of weight, I've noticed the skin under my arms is not very attractive
  • I decided to try it out for a few consecutive days where I did not have to leave the house
  • I believe it worked just as well as my usual brand, so I felt confident in continuing its use outside the confines of my home
  • I saw definite results with this product, and it performs well as a deodorant and antiperspirant as well, so I would definitely recommend it

• by reviewabit

Since I have lost a good deal of weight, I’ve noticed the skin under my arms is not very attractive. I don’t know if it is directly due to to weight loss or just coincidental, but since I’ve gotten smaller, the skin under my arms is dark, and just generally uneven and unattractive. I have used Nivea products in the past, and generally have been pretty happy with them so I felt the brand was trustworthy. This product is supposed to minimize pores, which was not an immediate need, but also is supposed to help whiten and even out skin tone with regular use.

My main concern about using this product was if it was going to perform as well as other antiperspirants like my trusted Secret. I wondered if the extra ingredients for whitening would affect the strength or effectiveness of

the product over all. I decided to try it out for a few consecutive days where I did not have to leave the house.

That way, if it didn’t control odor so well, I wouldn’t be embarrassed. I am not normally a fan of roll on deodorant products, although there are a few exceptions. I prefer something that goes on dry.

This formula was a little thinner than I expected, and it did take a minute or so to dry. This was annoying, but worth it if the product was to do what it claimed. The fragrance was very nice.

It was a soft, feminine floral. It had enough strength of smell that you would probably have to be sure that your perfume fragrance coordinated with it, as it might clash otherwise. Fortunately, I had several fragrances that would work fine and compliment the ...

• scent.

I did not expect overnight results. The first few days of “testing” the products effectiveness as a deodorant went very well. I believe it worked just as well as my usual brand, so I felt confident in continuing its use outside the confines of my home.

After about two weeks, I took a close look at the condition of my underarm skin. The darkness was still there, but portions of it looked more “mottled” than it had been. It seemed that small areas were lighter than the surrounding darker ones.

I am not sure if this is how the lightening usually works, as I did not see anything specifically telling me how this process would take place, but I took it as a good sign that progress was being made. Although the area looked a bit worse than it had originally, because

of the marked increase in its unevenness of tone, I kept using the product to see if it would eventually lighten the rest of the skin to match. I ended up buying three of the roll ons so that I could continue use over a longer period of time.

At the end of about two months, there was a definite improvement in the appearance of the skin. Most of the mottling was gone, and there were only a few small dark spots left. It looked much better than before I started using the product.

I discontinued using the Nivea as it is quite expensive– but the improvement in the skin has not deteriorated, so I guess the effect is long term if not permanent. I saw definite results with this product, and it performs well as a deodorant and antiperspirant as well, so I would definitely recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3425011401130131/k2311a0125/1.25.11