Tiffany Crystal Cat Figurine
  • This glorious crystal cat figurine was a limited-edition piece, and I believe it was made exclusively for Tiffany
  • I am a cat lover, and I love the way Tiffany captured the way cats love to sit
  • I think the curly Q tail is a nice finishing touch to this figurine, because it helps me to identify this as a cat, since Tiffany did not include anything here that signifies whiskers
  • I am a little surprised that it only cost about $150, considering that it is a Tiffany figurine, and Tiffany is such a high-class and upscale store
  • I like the fact that Tiffany created the cat with smooth crystal instead of faceted crystal

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This glorious crystal cat figurine was a limited-edition piece, and I believe it was made exclusively for Tiffany. The words “Tiffany & Co” are printed underneath it. When I saw this piece, it had my name written all over it. I am a cat lover, and I love the way Tiffany captured the way cats love to sit. I knew I had to buy this piece before someone else bought it. Otherwise I would have had to ask the salesperson to please try to get it from another Tiffany store. And I don’t know how many there are. It is a shame that Tiffany does not feature any crystal animal figurines right now on their website. It seems they only have crystal giftware that includes vases and bowls.

This is a big and heavy chunk of crystal. It is about four inches long and about three and a half inches wide. This is the heaviest

piece of crystal I own! It is made of clear crystal that is smooth all over. The cat is sitting down, his back looks hunched, and his tail looks like a curly Q. His paws are sticking out just a little, but we basically just see them as one long continuous stump.

It is so amusing how well Tiffany knows the posture of cats. My cat Puffy used to sit like that all of the time, in a kind of squatty position with her back rounded over. My family and I used to say that she looked like a chicken or turkey that has just come out of the oven! That position always made her look bigger than she really was. I think the curly Q tail is a nice finishing touch to this figurine, because it helps me to identify this as a cat, since Tiffany did not include anything here that signifies whiskers.

I think ...

• this is an adorable piece that Tiffany should have kept producing, because cat lovers like me would have adored it. It would have made a splendid gift, especially for a person who owns more than one cat or for someone who works at a cat shelter. I am a little surprised that it only cost about $150, considering that it is a Tiffany figurine, and Tiffany is such a high-class and upscale store. I’m also taking into consideration how hefty this piece is. I could have easily imagined Tiffany charging about $200 for it.

So I will always cherish this piece, because the cat’s posture is so realistic and it reminds me a little of my own cat. And I love how thick the piece is. The only thing that I would raise a minor complaint about is the cat’s ears. They are a little short and rounded over, so they almost make him look more

like a cougar or panther rather than a domestic housecat. I sort of wish that Tiffany had made the ears a tiny bit bigger and more pointy. That way I would immediately be able to tell that it was a housecat and not a cat in the wild. The rest of its features definitely look like the features of a housecat.

I like the fact that Tiffany created the cat with smooth crystal instead of faceted crystal. I think faceted crystal would have made the piece look too busy, with the light bouncing off of all of the facets. The smooth crystal makes the piece look more basic and does not take my attention away from the lovely cat and the cute way that he is sitting. I can appreciate the piece better this way. This will always be one of my most special crystal pieces, and I am glad that I was able to add it to my collection.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4625011401110131/k2311a0125/1.25.11