Downtown Disney Marketplace - Christmas Eve  » Travel  »
1780 East Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32380
  • I wanted that to be a memorable experience and in some ways, it was

• by sarahdragon26

Being a jumping place during the Christmas season, Downtown Disney is the hub of not just Disney, but other big named stores and shops within Disney boundaries. On most days, this place is calm with people walking around at their own paces and just enjoying themselves to the occasional shows that might be on the stage or just looking around some of the more unique kinds of shops, but at Christmas time, it’s more like a jumping and moving place where you can rarely enjoy the sights and sounds of the area around you.

It

was Christmas Eve when I took my husband and our son to Downtown Disney, to show them the lights, the stores, the unique kind of place it was. Sadly, my son did not get to enjoy the fullness of the location itself. There were wall to wall people, who had the manners of ill-mannered goats. It just continues to amaze me that some people really believe themselves to be so important that they would stand in middle of walkways and even push children. There was so much I wanted to show my son with the ...

• toy store and the Christmas tree, but he didn’t get a chance to enjoy it. And it wasn’t just the adults who were rude. But other children as well. When we were in the Toy Store, I was looking at the movies with my son when another child pushed my son into the movie stand as he past him. When my son started to cry, the child turned to yell at him, but saw that there was an adult standing there. The child gave me a dirty look and ran away. I told my husband
        about it and we left to go back to our hotel. I wanted that to be a memorable experience and in some ways, it was. I remembered never to go back with my family on Christmas Eve. Christmas Season is fine, but the day or and day before Christmas, never again.

All things concerned, with all of the rude and wall to wall people, the decorations themselves were beautiful. From the Christmas Tree to the lights, it was all so magical. I just wish the crowds were better people and just have some common sense towards their fellow men.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3824011401060531/k2311a0124/1.24.11