McDonalds Fruit and Maple Oatmeal  » Food  »
  • The cost of the oatmeal was printed on my receipt and was then deducted because of the coupon
  • I think this is kind of high for a fast food breakfast, but I guess really it is comparable
  • Overall, I would recommend this breakfast dish to anyone who is looking for a healthier choice

• by mjcnv36

My teenage son went to McDonalds this week with a friend, and they gave him a coupon for a free fruit and maple oatmeal, the restaurant’s latest edition to the breakfast menu. He doesn’t like oatmeal, so he gave me the coupon. This morning I redeemed the coupon and had the oatmeal for breakfast.

I found the serving size to be perfect; it was about one cup of oatmeal. My first impression was that it wasn’t too hot. The serving container said “Caution-Hot!”. Well, it wasn’t. It was lukewarm at best and I only

live about two minutes from the nearest McDonalds so I feel the product should have been heated a little more. When I opened the lid, it did not look very good. The top looked milky and the bits of fruit were swimming in it. I stirred it up and tried it. It was actually quite tasty. I personally did not even detect any maple at all in the oatmeal; the flavor was nowhere to be found. The apples were real apples–fresh, cool and crunchy not the freeze dried variety. This was ...

• a surprise. What I really loved in this oatmeal were the dried cranberries and raisins. Those ingredients made the dish for me. Something else I really liked was that the nutritional information was printed right on the container and this oatmeal has only 290 calories and four and a half grams of fat. Now, that might seem high for oatmeal but this makes an extremely healthy fast food breakfast compared with the other alternatives. I also liked that there is a lot of fiber in this breakfast too.

The cost of the oatmeal

was printed on my receipt and was then deducted because of the coupon; the price would have been $1.99. I think this is kind of high for a fast food breakfast, but I guess really it is comparable. Having a healthy breakfast is worth paying a little more instead of getting a fattening choice off of the dollar menu. Overall, I would recommend this breakfast dish to anyone who is looking for a healthier choice. Fiber, fresh fruit and flavor are combined for a choice you can’t really go wrong with, especially on a cold morning.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2724011401040531/k2311a0124/1.24.11