Movie “Dinner for Schmucks” (2010)
1.5
  • I saw the previews and it looked funny, plus I enjoy Paul Rudd movies and he is the star of this film
  • Sadly, while his performance and the performance of everyone in the film was wonderful I found it boring

• by mamjess

I had high hopes for this movie. I saw the previews and it looked funny, plus I enjoy Paul Rudd movies and he is the star of this film. Sadly, while his performance and the performance of everyone in the film was wonderful I found it boring. A boring comedy film is a

sad thing to behold.

The plot is as follows. Tim is a rising executive who gets the opportunity to attend a dinner where everyone brings the biggest idiot they can find. He has to go to this dinner if he wants a promotion but inside he really does not want to go because it is mean. He has an argument with his girlfriend about the party because she also thinks it is mean.

The conditions under which Tim meets Barry were preposterous. They set it all up for a gag where he hits him with his car and from the start of the conversation it is clear he is a ...

• Movie
      total idiot. Steve Carrell did a great job playing an idiot without going over the top but his character is unbelieveable. Carrell tries his best with what he was given but they just make too over the top.

I did enjoy the party scene. They came up with new idiot ideas. There was

a pet psychic who channels the dead lobster and that scene made me laugh so hard, when the guy got his finger bit off and the bird ate it I also laughed. This was my favorite scene, otherwise the jokes were just all stale and old and the gags were too easy to see coming.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1124011400980431/k2311a0124/1.24.11