Conair Styling Essentials Self Grip Rollers  » Cosmetics  »
  • Because my hair is heavy and long, I found that for me personally the rollers didn't hold up well
  • They did however, have amazing volume and lift, and some really nice waves

• by mjcnv36

I received Conair Styling Essentials Self Grip Rollers for free because someone had donated new ones to my church. I had always wanted to try these types of rollers because I’ve seen models with them in their hair getting ready for runway shows and I would think, “so that’s how they get such great hair!”. I was thrilled to be able to try these out. My hair is very thick so I wasn’t sure what the results would be, but in the end I was mostly happy.

These rollers are not the heated variety. They are the kind that very short, soft little bristles all the way around them. The hair sticks to the bristles and so the rollers hold

the hair and you don’t even need to use clips. Because my hair is heavy and long, I found that for me personally the rollers didn’t hold up well. I’m sure if my cut were shoulder length or even shorter, they would have stayed up well on their own. I had to use clips over the rollers for some parts of my hair, but not all of it. I was very pleased with the quantity of rollers in the package. There were a whopping thirty one rollers in one small kit! Conair did a fabulous job packaging these rollers. There are three different sizes and they simply fit the smaller sizes into the larger sizes for a ...

• very small case of rollers. This is wonderful for traveling because it can fit into a suitcase without adding weight or bulk. The three sizes are great; there is a really narrow roller, then a medium one for curls that are more loose, and then the largest size.

Now, for me personally, I would not say that my hair ever really curled with these rollers. They did however, have amazing volume and lift, and some really nice waves. I felt like the girls in the Victoria Secret catalog, in fact. My hair looked sexy and my husband noticed. I had lots of compliments from him and he isn’t the sort of guy who usually takes notices and

pays a compliment. This made me love the rollers.

I have only one bad thing to say about these rollers. You must be very careful as to how much you press your hair into the roller to make it stay in the roller. If you press too much and your hair is long like mine, you may get your hair really stuck. I tangled several pieces of my hair in these rollers and for a few of them, I was starting to think I was going to have to cut the roller out. But the end results were so good, I’d chance that again. My hair did look like a models, and it just doesn’t get any better than that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124011400940431/k2311a0124/1.24.11