Septoderm Hand Lotion  » Medicine  »
  • A family member is involved in the dental community, so I was able to get a bottle of this for free, but I believe it can be ordered online by anyone
  • The bottles holds 16 ounces of product, and I think that is quite generous
  • I like that it is a really light feeling lotion, never makes my skin feel greasy or like it has a residue on it
  • Furthermore, I love that it is enriched with vitamin E and aloe
  • For those in the dental community, I can definitely see how this lotion would certainly be appreciated because patients bring in germs and being able to kill those germs quickly is a benefit

• by mjcnv36

Septoderm Hand Lotion is a bactericidal hand lotion. Septoderm is a company that manufactures products for dental practices. A family member is involved in the dental community, so I was able to get a bottle of this for free, but I believe it can be ordered online by anyone.

I like the bottle this lotion comes in. It is a neat, cobalt blue color and stands out from the pack of hand lotions. I also like that it has a pump to it; I keep it in my kitchen so after I wash my hands or I’ve been cleaning for awhile, I

apply some of this lotion quickly with the pump feature and I can do it easily. The bottles holds 16 ounces of product, and I think that is quite generous. The scent is pleasing; it is reminiscent of green apples and is not overpowering in any way. If anything, it is rather subtle. I like that it is a really light feeling lotion, never makes my skin feel greasy or like it has a residue on it. My skin seems to absorb the lotion instead of just having lotion sitting on top of it. This lotion is white and ...

• is dye free, so it is great for sensitive skin. It even contains purified water! Furthermore, I love that it is enriched with vitamin E and aloe. Perhaps that is why it makes my hands feel so nice. In regards to this lotion being bactericidal, this lotion actually protects users from E coli, staphylococcus aureus, and other types of harmful bacteria. I love that I can use this lotion instead of a hand sanitizer that smells like alcohol to get that kind of protection.

Obviously, there are two drawbacks to this lotion. First, it is much more difficult to

obtain because you cannot just walk into a store like Walmart or Walgreens and buy it over the counter. And, not everyone wants a bactericidal lotion. Many people believe such products are not actually good for your skin, so this product definitely won’t be for anyone. Personally, I like it, but sometimes I do find I need a slightly richer hand lotion, so my rating on this is only a seven. For those in the dental community, I can definitely see how this lotion would certainly be appreciated because patients bring in germs and being able to kill those germs quickly is a benefit.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2624011400930431/k2311a0124/1.24.11