Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub
  • I've tried this product several times, and I'm not really impressed with it
  • Overall, I don't think I would ever recommend this product, not even for someone with acne
  • Neutrogena products with salicylic acid do a better job, in my opinion

• by mjcnv36

I tried Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub for two reasons. First, I tend to get blackheads on my chin and nose occasionally. Secondly, my makeup seems to go on better when I regularly exfoliate. That is, it doesn’t seem to settle into my pores as much if my pores have been recently refined. I’ve tried this product several times, and I’m not really impressed with it.

The number one reason why this product failed to impress me was that for a product in the ’scrub’ category, it wasn’t very grainy. If fact, it hardly had any granules at all!

I’ve used other products, such as St. Ives Apricot Scrub, that were way better than this one at exfoliation. So really, I felt like I was truly just using an acne product on my face and I don’t really have much in the way of acne. I did not notice any reduction in the amount of blackheads either. The labels states that you should notice fewer blackheads in as little as two days. I’ve used it for much longer than that and my face looks the same. This product was also drying to my skin; it contains salicylic acid which ...

• is a drying agent for skin with acne. Using a moisturizer after this product is a must unless you want your skin to look scaly. On a positive note, while working this product over my skin, my skin started to tingle a little and the feeling was kind of nice. Perhaps was the salicylic acid at work. The product was rather creamy, and the scent of it wasn’t too bad. The label also states that the product should lift away dirt and oil, and that must be true because it left my skin feeling cleaner than it did after
        just using soap on it. Also on a positive note, this product wasn’t too expensive, can be bought pretty much anywhere and comes in a generous five ounce size so it will last a long time.

I really have mixed feelings about this product, so my rating is going to be a six. It did clean my skin, but it didn’t remove blackheads. And, it did not exfoliate to the extent that I would have liked. Overall, I don’t think I would ever recommend this product, not even for someone with acne. Neutrogena products with salicylic acid do a better job, in my opinion.

Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124011400910431/k2311a0124/1.24.11