NYX High Definition Eye Shadow Base - Eyelid Primer
  • I had been planning to get the extremely popular Urban Decay Primer Potion and was almost about to buy it but then I chanced upon the NYX High Definition Eye Shadow Base while I was making some purchases online from my favourite online store for NYX products I decided to get it a try
  • Since I was already buying a few Jumbo eye pencils and a cream blush from NYX I decided to throw in the eyeshadow base as well since it was on sale and this way I could even save on combined shipping cost
  • L.F regular line eyelid primer and I was not mad or impressed by it because I felt that it was way too oily feeling and the eyeshadows seemed to fade out very quickly and I wasn’t very satisfied with how the colors showed up on my eyes
  • Honestly I thoroughly enjoyed doing my eye makeup using the NYX HD Eye Shadow Primer
  • The one thing I noticed is that when I apply my concealer first and then apply the primer on top of it then the concealer kind of moved and lumps up

• by true_value

I had been planning to get the extremely popular Urban Decay Primer Potion and was almost about to buy it but then I chanced upon the NYX High Definition Eye Shadow Base while I was making some purchases online from my favourite online store for NYX products I decided to get it a try.

Since I was already buying a few Jumbo eye pencils and a cream blush from NYX I decided to throw in the eyeshadow base as well since it was on sale and this way I could even save on combined shipping cost.

Now everyone who is into makeup would know that the two most popular eyeshadow bases in the market are the Urban Decay Primer Potion and the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I have extremely oily skin and eyelids which is why I was planning to go for the Urban Decay Primer Potion as it is said to be slightly drying and best suited for my skin type while the Too Faced Shadow Insurance is more for those with drier eyelids.

Well, I have the E.L.F regular line eyelid primer and I was not mad or impressed by it because I felt that it was way too

oily feeling and the eyeshadows seemed to fade out very quickly and I wasn’t very satisfied with how the colors showed up on my eyes. That is the reason why I had decided to invest in a good eyeshadow primer.

Well, I have heard and seen a lot of reviews about the NYX eyeshadow bases that came in jars but many complained about how it creased and was not good enough so to be honest I wasn’t expecting a lot from the NYX HD High Definition Eye Shadow Base also because no one seems to have reviewed it yet and it seems to be the newest addition in the NYX cosmetics collection and is a bit more expensive than their regular line. I bought my tube for about $8.00.

The eyeshadow base comes in a tube with a doe foot applicator and looks sleek with the trademark NYX black casing with and the white texts on it. The tube has 8g (0.28 oz) of product. On the tube NYX claims it to even out skin tone and smooth out lines and that it is a perfect prep for true color & long lasting eye shadow and to be camera ...

• ready in an instant!

The primer had a milky light beige color and a super smooth texture. A little dot on each eyelid is enough for one application. It spreads smoothly and does not feel oily or sticky at all and dried almost instantly. I did not have to apply loose powder over it to make it less tacky or anything like that. It did seem to even out my skin tone and made my eyelids appear fresher and smoother.

When I touched my eyeshadow to my eyelid with my brush, I was so impressed with how vibrant it looked and it was so easy to place the colors and blend them in. While with the E.L.F primer I always felt as though the colors were moving around when I applied them on my lid. Honestly I thoroughly enjoyed doing my eye makeup using the NYX HD Eye Shadow Primer. Every time I added a shade or blended it I couldn’t help smiling happily looking at the way the colors showed up and adhered to my eyelid where I placed them.

After doing my eyes I was out the whole day and that too in the hot weather

and whenever I checked my mirror the eyeshadow looks fresh and vibrant as at the time I had first applied it and there was no sign of creasing or fading what so ever and I had it on for almost 18hrs. I am thoroughly impressed with it and cannot explain how happy I am to have got it and that it costs so much lesser than the Urban Decay or the Too Faced primers.

The one thing I noticed is that when I apply my concealer first and then apply the primer on top of it then the concealer kind of moved and lumps up. So I always try not to apply concealer and go ahead with the primer all the way up to the brow bone. Since the primer is not heavily tinted and just evens out the skin tone I can completely skip the use of concealer over my eyelids.

The NYX HD High Definition Eye Shadow Base Eye Primer is AWESOME!! and AMAZING!! . I am 100% satisfied with it and have no complaints about it. I see no point why I should spend on the other more expensive primer that I had been planning to get.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124011400570431/k2311a0124/1.24.11