Nikon Coolpix s3000 Camera  » Cameras  »
  • The cam gave not a bit of a problem as far as capturing sufficient details into the photos, and the sharpness was impressive up close
  • The camera definitely won me over for all its vanities
  • I find less shutter lag but I’m not that nervy, I think, when it comes to waiting for the gadget to get ready between shots and handling electronics in general
  • For that price, I believe any 12 megapixel cam is guaranteed to be saleable
  • I recommend this pocket camera mainly for its strong attributes like capturing faces and swift shutter speed

• by jhunie

I’ve totally given up on buying batteries for my old digital camera. So I proceeded to use my DSLR cam. I tried uploading heavy files online, but it was apparently too big for the site to handle and my laptop had no image editing software to scale down the size of the photos. This Nikon Coolpix s3000 became my last resort. It is one of the point-and-shoot cameras we have at home. I have been using the camera for taking product photos, basically a lot of inanimate objects. An important part of the task is to make sure the images appear close to the prototype. I’ve been selling things on the internet and the photos have to look exactly the same to prevent misrepresenting the products. The macro mode was a big help. The cam gave not a bit of a problem as far as capturing sufficient details into the photos, and the sharpness was impressive up close. But at times it renders inaccurate colors. I shot a pair of slippers and there was a huge difference,

the subject on the photo had a bluish cast so to appear light purple, when in fact it was brown.

The camera presents a comprehensive set of modes or scenes, as Nikon puts it. For me, the highlight of the camera practically comes from its ability to shoot faces. After all, faces are cameras most common subjects. Hence, it’s just right that Nikon incorporated a dedicated shooting mode for portraits. The portrait mode includes a bunch of automatic face-detection features: blink, smile shutter, and an instant skin refining mode. The camera definitely won me over for all its vanities. It’s such a vain method of capturing mug shots, without perhaps needing a visual-editing software like photoshop to tweak cosmetic flaws. The smile shutter performed as much as my canon digicam. The option to enhance the appearance of skin tones on cam was good aesthetic-wise, but I noted that facial features appeared flat and the dimensional tones, such as the contours of the face, were washed out. Some faces may look unnatural and rather “pasted” on the photo. I take ...

• photos of my face to share my makeup ramblings in a beauty forum. I had confidence in the camera’s “photoshopping” functions, though makeup looked too soft for examining specific details and colors. The shades came out lighter, which demonstrated yet again the camera’s weakness in processing colors.

This is the smallest cam I’ve ever held, and probably takes the same size, if not smaller, than the iphone. Mine has a polished metal surface in a berry shade. The camera looks very plain and clean in design, with less of the metallic accents I see in canon’s Ixus. The lcd display largely occupies the back and corresponds with the lens in real time. I rarely see the screen freezing or flickering. A directional pad allows direct access to key features while assisting navigation. This cam starts up fast. I find less shutter lag but I’m not that nervy, I think, when it comes to waiting for the gadget to get ready between shots and handling electronics in general.

I liked the tiled layout of the interface, though it may seem clustered, it’s very

easy to switch from one mode to another. If you’re not very particular about shooting styles, then the auto mode should do that for you. Battery life lasts around maybe 2 hours and a few extended minutes. Either that’s too short or practicable for you, the camera has a rechargeable battery, which could be replenished thru the charger or wall adapter that was bundled with the package. This addresses the principal problem I’ve been dealing with my personal digital camera. In spite that my camera could live a couple of days, it feels functionally and financially limiting to use, because I always need to buy or keep a spare of batteries. Memory storage comes expandable via a card slot situated side by side the battery. The price tag is just barely over the hundred dollar range. For that price, I believe any 12 megapixel cam is guaranteed to be saleable. I recommend this pocket camera mainly for its strong attributes like capturing faces and swift shutter speed. But if you have an insatiable eye for detail and color, this might not cut it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4324011400550431/k2311a0124/1.24.11