Ernest Jones 9ct Gold Satin & Polished Knot Stud Earrings  » Jewelry  »
  • My hair is short at the moment and so I prefer to wear small earrings most of the time
  • I had noticed these ‘knot’ stud earrings in various shops and thought that they fitted the bill
  • These earrings are made from 9ct gold and they cost me £45
  • I am generally pleased with these subtle and classy earrings and I would recommend them if you are trying to find a match with other satin effect or ruched gold jewellery as you will not get lots of shine with these, but some interesting earrings when the light hits them

• by jeanne71

I was looking for some stud earrings that were a little bit more substantial than just plain little balls, but which were still subtle and classic. My hair is short at the moment and so I prefer to wear small earrings most of the time. I chose these knot stud earrings from Ernest Jones jewellers on the high street and they are perfect. I had noticed these ‘knot’ stud earrings in various shops and thought that they fitted the bill. These particular ones have got a satin gold strip down the middle of the knot which makes them a bit less shiny than if they were purely polished gold, but I liked

that look as the gold looks kind of old as a result. I am particularly pleased to notice that these earrings match well with a very dazzling ring I have which has diamonds and a ruched effect on the thick gold band. The ring also looks like ‘old gold’ and it matches my earrings which look classy and compliment the ring. These earrings are made from 9ct gold and they cost me £45.

These earrings are also available to order online on the ernestjones.co.uk website so you can see what they look like, but basically they look as though a tiny ribbon made of gold has been tied into a knot, giving a rounded ...

• effect of scrunched up gold, which is rather cute I think. These measure 0.7cm in diameter, so they are pretty small but they are noticeable and the general shape of them on the lobes is quite rounded. The only thing I do not like about them is that they are uncomfortable to sleep in, probably because they are so bulbous instead of being flat against the skin. I am lazy about changing my earrings and it does not help that my piercing are quite close to the edge of my lobes and I find it fiddly to get earrings in, so I had hoped that I could leave these in comfortably overnight and
        keep them on for a few days at a time but, never mind. They are fixed to the earlobe by gold butterfly fasteners and these stay well put during the day but they can come off overnight whilst I am sleeping so there is another reason for me not to wear them to bed.

I am generally pleased with these subtle and classy earrings and I would recommend them if you are trying to find a match with other satin effect or ruched gold jewellery as you will not get lots of shine with these, but some interesting earrings when the light hits them. I will wear these with my big ring and feel like my jewellery is well co-ordinated.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4524011400510431/k2311a0124/1.24.11