Remington Twisters Hot Roller 20 PC110V  » Electronics  »
1.5
  • Once the rods cool off, I will remove the rod from my hair and I am very disappointed with my result

• by janicemic

I got this Twister Hot Roller set from Remington as a gift. I can only say that I do not love this product. I have very long hair to my waist and they are very dry and frizzy. My hair is really damaged due to the color treatment that I apply at the salon almost 3 to 4 times a year and my perm and rebonding treatment only worsen the condition of my hair cuticles. My hair looks really dry and has no life in them. Thus I am always trying to minimize the salon perming treatment and try to do my own hair do.

This hot roller set is not the normal curler iron that I would have purchase or use on my hair. They look like a kids toys especially with it purple colored bar sitting on its body. The purple colored stick has rubber coated on its

body for heat protections and I must say that they are better than the curling iron as they do not hurt my hair as much. The curling rod is sitting on top of its heater unit that generates heat for the curler to work. They are colored in green, yes green and even though I have always love green and purple as color, I must say both color combine in the twister unit gives it a really unsightly and ugly to look at appearance. This is really packaging malfunction for me. However, I do love the model name Twisters as they fit the impression especially since the curling rod look like twisters on them.

I really do not fancy using this curler set, they take a long period to heat up and I have to set them before I bath. It is usually a waiting period of 15 minutes for ...

• the curler to be really hot to work on my hair. The first time I use these twister set, I burned my fingers. I was not thinking rationally when I pick the curling rod up from its heater body. The instruction was to wind the twisters on my hair and the heat from the twister will seal the curls on my hair. The twisters were really hot when I pick them up and I had to drop them in mid air as they were too hot to bear.

I use my gloves when I use this curling set. I feel very awkward when I had to curl my hair around the rod with my gloves on, but the gloves protect my hands from burning.

The twisters are too short for me to wind the whole strands of my hair on them. Thus I had to use two of the curling

rods for each of the curling section. I do not like how troublesome the process is and being one who are used to curling iron, I really do not like this product. Twirling my hair in to the rod takes practice and very time consuming for me to cover my entire head. Once the rods cool off, I will remove the rod from my hair and I am very disappointed with my result. I have very ugly set of curls on my head. They are no pattern whatsoever as I was not consistent in how tight I let my hair sit on each of the rods.

Besides, the curls are not defined and I have frizzy hair all over my curls. This curling set is best if you want to achieve tight and small curls however you will need to section and curl your hair in accurate standards to achieve a standardized look.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1624011400440431/k2311a0124/1.24.11