Togo Sushi
2.5
3360 Shrum Lane, Vancouver, BC,Canada
  • Since a couple of us were on campus at UBC for a meeting, it is at a convenient location
  • It definitely is a quick place to go to to grab some sushi
  • I'd say that you would end up spending $30 for two people ordinarily, and considering that you can get all you can eat for two people for lunch for about that price, I don't think it was really worth it
  • I think it comes down to the fact that everything was rather mediocre in quality and quantity

• by booklover

My friends and I ordered takeout from here one night because we thought we’d try this place and one of us felt like having sushi. Since a couple of us were on campus at UBC for a meeting, it is at a convenient location.

Convenience, considering that Vancouver has a lot of really good sushi and Japanese food restaurants, might be the only thing this restaurant has going for it. It definitely is a quick place to

go to to grab some sushi. The service is regular - we just had take out, so it’s hard to tell.

You end up paying about what you’d pay at any sushi restaurant for rolls and nigiri. (Nigiri is the raw fish on rice). We also got an order of teriyaki chicken. None of it was particularly good, although it was okay. The rice was not stale but didn’t taste like fresh made either, and the chicken was ...

• just that, chicken. The portions weren’t particularly generous, so it was a good thing that none of us were super hungry. I’d say that you would end up spending $30 for two people ordinarily, and considering that you can get all you can eat for two people for lunch for about that price, I don’t think it was really worth it.

quantity. I felt that either they should have given a lot more food or it should have been much better quality to justify the price, considering how many other places that we could have gone. If the prices had been lower I would probably not mind.

Oh, the one thing that was reasonable was the sashimi (raw fish). It tasted fine and you got a reasonable amount for the price. It wasn’t great sashimi, but it was ok.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 724011400230331/k2311a0124/1.24.11