Bucklands Luxury Tents Camp  » Travel  »
Bucklands Private Game Reserve, Grahamstown, Makana District, Eastern Cape Province, South Africa, GPS 33 Degrees 5′ 27″ S, 26 Degrees 42′ 58″ E
  • While I wasn’t really planning to go on any safari trips while around this area, the mere fact that the specialization of Bucklands Luxury Tent’s services lies in safari trips was way too much for me to resist and I found myself tagging along, very willingly though I must say
  • Pleasantly surprised is the best way in which to describe the eventual experience as I had never in my life seen such big tent structures that would give any chalet or lodge a serious run for their money
  • I stayed in the upper deck and there is no shortage of comfort, while the full experience of camping is still maintained, with the compactness of the sleeping deck as well as the constant feeling of being separated from nature by a mere canvass

• by alexd187

While I wasn’t really planning to go on any safari trips while around this area, the mere fact that the specialization of Bucklands Luxury Tent’s services lies in safari trips was way too much for me to resist and I found myself tagging along, very willingly though I must say. Since I have absolutely nothing against safari trips (I actually love them) what started out as a simple hunt for accommodation in the area turned out to be a great time away, as I was in the area for a business conference in which young, up and

coming entrepreneurs such as me would be addressed by some established players in the business.

Bucklands Luxury Tents was the only accommodation left and with that factor in mind, I didn’t expect too much by way of luxury and comfort, oblivious to the term ‘Luxury’ in the name Bucklands Luxury Tents.

Pleasantly surprised is the best way in which to describe the eventual experience as I had never in my life seen such big tent structures that would give any chalet or lodge a serious run for their money. The tent I stayed in was only a tent in ...

• its shell structure, with a canvas covering, but on the inside there were wooden floors and I had access to a balcony that overlooked long stretch of wild land. I stayed in the upper deck and there is no shortage of comfort, while the full experience of camping is still maintained, with the compactness of the sleeping deck as well as the constant feeling of being separated from nature by a mere canvass.

An en suite bathroom is something I never expected to have access to, but to my delight I did, with the only real disappointment being

the fact that I didn’t get to experience the night visits of wild animals such as lions, which are known to come close to the tents on occasion.

Insect repellent was the order of the stay though as I was bombarded with all sorts of annoying six-legged friends that would have been far more of a nuisance if I hadn’t packed some insect repellent.

$214 per night to stay in a ‘tent’ is something I would never have imagined doing, but at Bucklands Luxury Tents that view has changed as I discovered a serious expansion on the term ‘tent’.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3824011400080331/k2311a0124/1.24.11