Tamarac Ugg Boots
USA
  • They just seemed so boring and ugly and I couldn't understand why anyone would ever want a pair of these awful things

• by Mair

I used to be an avid ugg boot hater. I hated the sight of them, the way they looked all clunky and slouchy. The way girls tended to drag their feet around in them. They just seemed so boring and ugly and I couldn’t understand why anyone would ever want a pair of these awful things.

Then one afternoon in December I was sitting with my mother browsing through online stores and trying to get our shopping done, when I ran across a pair of these “ugg-style” boots. I merely laughed and pointed them out to my mother “aren’t those things ugly?” I asked, and she agreed. We had a good laugh about it and continued shopping. However, it seemed as though everywhere I went and everywhere I looked there they were, staring me down. These things were as popular as blue jeans, and my curiosity compelled me to figure out why it was that everyone seemed to have a pair of these.

So I resolved myself

to buying a pair. “Just to try them out” I convinced myself. And so I began searching for a cheap generic pair, but one that would still be comfortable and durable enough to last the season. The search took a while but finally I came across a nice looking pair. They were tall, they were genuine sheepskin, they were a lovely creamy color and best of all they were lined with soft wool and looked absolutely comfy.

So I placed the order online and waited anxiously. After about a week I started regretting my decision. Had I REALLY succumb to buying those horrible uggs just like everyone else? But then they arrived, and I quickly unpacked it. The packaging itself, by the way, was absolutely lovely. It came in a very nice box with a see through section in the corner so you could see a portion of the boot. It was like peeking at your Christmas present!

The boots completely exceeded my expectations! They were ...

• lined with super soft merino wool that felt wonderful on my feet. The wool also looked very cute and stylish when the boot was folded over so that the lining showed. The upper was genuine sheepskin and was extremely soft yet still very tough and durable against the cold and elements. And they look exactly like the “designer” brand if that’s what you’re looking for. They also have a little bit of a wider calf than many sheepskin boots so the fit was very nice. They fit comfortably into my 16 inch calves, not too snug or too loose. I’m actually wearing them right now! Often I wear them into the house after being outside and just keep them on as they are so very comfortable. I’ve even lent them to my mother who uses them as house slippers to keep her feet warm. On of my favorite parts of the shoe was how well it kept its shape. Cheaper brands often tend to flop
        over or scrunch and wrinkle but these still look solid and nice.

Another awesome perk was that my first time wearing them out I managed to get a huge spot of muddy snow on the side, and I was almost in tears having heard sheepskin boots were notoriously hard to clean, not to mention I had purchased the lightest color. I scrubbed the spot a little with some soapy water using a tooth brush and set them in the closet to dry in darkness, sad I had already ruined my brand-new boots. Low-and-behold however, when I took them out 15 minutes later they had dried back to their original color, looking nice and brand-new!

For the price you can’t beat this boot! It is made of the same quality materials as the prestigious Ugg Australia brand at a fraction of the price at $25-$40 depending on where you buy. They are durable, comfortable, extremely warm and completely worth buying. They are sure to last many seasons.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5524011400010331/k2311a0124/1.24.11