Albite E-Book Reader  » Software  »
  • I know that most people are familiar with Adobe Acrobat Reader, but I highly recommend that instead of purchasing its mobile version, try out the free ones
  • It took only a few minutes and I tried it at once with the e-books I found
  • I love this Albite Reader that I am trying to look for a version for my PSP

• by LaPinay

I complained to my tech-savvy cousin that I lost all my books to typhoon Ondoy. She suggested that I use my mobile phone, Nokia 5800, as an e-book reader. I told her that the trial software had expired and I was loathe to pay US$20 for a mobile e-book reader from the Ovi Store.

She sent me a link to a free e-book reader called Albite Reader, which I am happily using now.

The Albite Reader is an e-book reader that can read epub files.

I know that most

people are familiar with Adobe Acrobat Reader, but I highly recommend that instead of purchasing its mobile version, try out the free ones. Epub files are more common that people think and I was able to find plenty of free books on the internet to use on my mobile phone.

It is easy to install, just type the link on your phone and download it from there. It took only a few minutes and I tried it at once with the e-books I found.

My Nokia 5800 is ...

• a touchscreen and so I just flick my fingers on the screen to flip to the next one. There are several text sizes and layouts to choose from.

The one thing that I really enjoy is that I can read several books at the same time and Albite will bookmark it so that the next time I pick up said book, I do not have to flip through pages to look for the last page I read. Of course, the limitation is size, that is, I have to

constantly flip pages because my phone can only accommodate a paragraph or two in its minute screen.

I don’t mind because I always read to put myself to sleep and so the backlight makes it easy to read in the dark. It does not need a lot of juice.

My phone lasted for about three days when I used the reader all day, sometimes leaving the application running when I got tired of reading. I love this Albite Reader that I am trying to look for a version for my PSP.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3024011399960331/k2311a0124/1.24.11