Marikina Sports Park  » Sport  »
Sumulong Highway corner Shoe Avenue, Marikina City, Metro Manila
  • There is also a velodrome there where I take my bike when I want to avoid reckless drivers along the city's bikeways and just concentrate on training for the bike tours I sometimes join

• by LaPinay

Marikina is the eastern part of the fiscal and statistical capital of the Philippines, Metro Manila. It is nestled in a valley with the Marikina River snaking around it. There are no high-rise buildings because of building restrictions – nothing higher than four-storeys can be built.

Despite the lack of cosmopolitan appeal, the government has put a lot of resources into building the Marikina Sports Park right next to its city hall. The sports park is along major transportation routes

so it is easy to get to.

There are only a few well-maintained sports part in Metro Manila and Marikina Sports Park is one of them. This sports park was the venue for soccer in one of the Southeast Asian Games (2004) and thus, its facilities were modernized.

There are a lot of things you can do here. I often run in their track field because they have state-of-the-art running mat which is kind to my knees.

I only pay the ...

• equivalent of US$. 25 to run for an unlimited time.

There is also a velodrome there where I take my bike when I want to avoid reckless drivers along the city’s bikeways and just concentrate on training for the bike tours I sometimes join. It also has a 25-meter pool which is partly covered with clean toilets and lockers.

It is open to the public for a fee of about US$1. The park has facilities for every type of sports –

basketball, badminton and tennis courts can be used for a minimal fee.

A building holds classes for several types of martial arts. There are so many things to do there that I often see families going there to exercise together.

There are always classes on almost anything that is going on which anyone can join for a minimal fee, but sometimes free too. The Marikina Sports Park caters almost anything I need in terms of exercise that I made it my second home.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3524011399940331/k2311a0124/1.24.11