West Coast Express Train Ride in Mission, Canada  » Travel  »
  • So when I found myself boarding the train, I could not be more pleased
  • I enjoyed my entire trip from beginning to end, although I missed the highly recommended Port Moody view, the one hour and half trip went by without any hitch
  • I would love to have the opportunity to take the West Coast Express train ride again, and highly recommend it to everybody traveling between Mission City and Vancouver
  • The ride cost me $11.25, which is more than double the price of a three-zone ride in Vancouver’s bus and Skytrain system
  • However, I think that the price is well worth it because it is so comfortable and there is free food as well

• by RichieMogwai

I took the West Coast Express one-way train ride on January 7, 2011 from Mission City back to Vancouver. I got to the main depot before 7:00 a.m. To my surprise I found that the train was still running, thinking that there was only one trip at this time back to Vancouver. I resigned myself to the fact that I would end up taking the bus again just like when I went to Mission for the first time about a month ago. So when I found myself boarding the train, I could not be more pleased.

One of the two West Coast Express employees standing by the ticket booth even helped me procure my ticket. As if this were not enough, he even told me to take the

north seating in order to get the a good view of Port Moody which according to him was the most scenic in this trip. So I found myself a nice north-facing seat which I found so comfortable, coach seating and all, but one of the lady crew approached me and said that with my luggage I should not be sitting in a wheelchair car.

Honestly, I did not even realize that I happened to be sitting in a seat inside a wheelchair car due to the absence of any sign. The long and the short of it was I missed the view of Port Moody as the lady attendant escorted me to a regular car, although I found her very helpful she even helped me carry a ...

• luggage and my umbrella. Not used to walking between trains while the vehicle is in motion, I soon realized that such practice was allowed here. I often thought that any train operator discourages walking in between trains but to my surprise, I would find everybody especially the new passengers doing the same thing.

There was even lots of free coffee and doughnuts on board, which the crew never stopped announcing. I ended up having so much doughnuts than I could eat. These doughnuts looked more like Timbits to use a patented name for the Tim Hortons mini doughnuts. They were quite tasty and the coffee was excellent. I think it was the organic blend. I enjoyed my entire trip from beginning to end, although I

missed the highly recommended Port Moody view, the one hour and half trip went by without any hitch. As we reached closer to Vancouver downtown, the passengers kept on increasing in numbers but despite such inflow, the entire train seemed to have enough seats for everybody.

I would love to have the opportunity to take the West Coast Express train ride again, and highly recommend it to everybody traveling between Mission City and Vancouver. It is one long, smooth ride with great customer service in tow. The ride cost me $11.25, which is more than double the price of a three-zone ride in Vancouver’s bus and Skytrain system. However, I think that the price is well worth it because it is so comfortable and there is free food as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3824011399900331/k2311a0124/1.24.11