Bagel Bites Cheese Sausage and Pepperoni  » Food  »
  • They are not good for you at all, but oh how I love them
  • To make I suggest you break out the toaster oven or real oven
  • It is a real problem with these so double check they are fully cooked
  • I like all the varieties but the supreme is my favorite
  • I think most people would eat the whole box not just 4 bites

• by duckfan

I love bagel bites. They are not good for you at all, but oh how I love them. These are pure comfort food. I don’t even buy them for my kids because they are not good for you but I do love them so and we have a family tradition of allowing this kind of food on vacations and for slumber parties. Could there be a better slumber party snack than a bagel bite?

These are frozen bagels so as you might imagine they are not as fresh or moist as a bagel you would get from a deli. You need to be careful not to keep these in your freezer too long because the bagel part gets weird. If it

is in your freezer more than a month the bagel can get really hard and it is not nearly as good.

To make I suggest you break out the toaster oven or real oven. You can use the microwave which is much faster but the bagel suffers. If you microwave these they are super chewy. For a snack food these are pretty delicate as far as cooking goes. You need to be careful or you get that awful part frozen part burning hot thing where the heat is not even. It is a real problem with these so double check they are fully cooked. You also need to make sure not to overcook these because the bagel will be too hard.

• These also cannot sit out for long after being cooked or the bagel will harden.

I have made these seem like a real pain to make, but they are pretty easy. I like all the varieties but the supreme is my favorite. The toppings do not taste like any pizza you would get from a restaurant. They have that particular flavor known only to frozen pizzas. The meat is chunky and chewy and the cheese does not taste like real cheese. I don’t know why I love these, but the flavor somehow works out. It all combines to make a great flavor in your mouth.

Do not look at the nutrition information. Remember this is a snack food and not a meal.

You should not eat these often as they are not good for you. The manufacturers have done the deceitful thing many do where they say a serving size is much smaller than what a person would typically eat because it looks like it is lower in fat. For these bites a serving is 4 bagels. I think most people would eat the whole box not just 4 bites. For your 4 bagels you get 7 grams of fat a lot of sodium and very little vitamins or minerals.

I do recommend you try these for a snack. All kids love them. I cannot keep them in my house or my kids and husband would eat them in a day because everyone here loves them.

Susan Archer says :

I bought a package of Bagel Bites and there was to be 9 bites but the package only had 8. I would have taken them back but the store was closed and I was hungry. Does this happen often.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2724011399880331/k2311a0124/1.24.11