Stouffers Macaroni and Cheese  » Food  »
  • I have over the years literally tried every frozen and boxed option they have at my store and this is the best
  • What I love about this mainly is the flavor

• by duckfan

I am a true macaroni and cheese lover. I am one of those people who actually orders it at restaurants. It seems silly but each version is a little different. What type of cheese will it have, will it have bacon or ham in it, these things matter. I have tried all of the store options for macaroni and cheese and have found the closest they come to restaurant style is the frozen ones. I have over the years literally tried every frozen and boxed option they have at my store and this is the best.

To make this you really need to use the

oven. You can microwave it, but it will not get the full flavor and the hard crust on top which you want. It takes forever in the oven and is so hard to wait for but once it comes out it really does taste exactly like what I have paid twice as much for at different restaurants.

Do yourself a favor and do not look at the nutrition information on the box. I will tell you this is not diet food and leave it at that. If you knew the actual fat information you would not eat this. It is not low fat and it does ...

• have a lot of sodium but it is a frozen meal and most of them are guilty of this as well. Just tell yourself it has no trans fat or preservatives and is made with real cheese and is a good source of calcium which your body needs which is all true. The fact that this one dish is half of an average person’s daily fat intake we will just pretend does not exist.

What I love about this mainly is the flavor. It costs around $3 and there are usually frozen mac and cheese options in the $1 range in the frozen section but none of them

taste like this. There is something about the flavor here that cannot be beat. I don’t know if they use a better quality of cheese or if it is a better recipe but it has been my favorite for almost 20 years now and I thank the good people at Stouffers for never changing the recipe. It tastes the same now as when I was a kid.

I do suggest you try this is you like mac and cheese, just follow my direction of using an actual oven to cook it. You cannot compare it properly if you microwave it, the flavor will not be the same.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2724011399800231/k2311a0124/1.24.11