Alka Seltzer Gold  » Medicine  »
  • I found myself once again searching for an antacid that would beat the heartburn I had been battling for the past few days
  • I like Alka seltzer, but also felt that every time I use it, I over treat myself
  • I noticed that this Alka Seltzer was aspirin free and that the product was specifically for heartburn, upset stomach, and acid indigestion
  • I thought this would work great because I found myself suffering from two out of three of those symptoms
  • I think it is a great alternative to the regular Alka Seltzer and would still like to use it from time to time

• by adrean_j

I found myself once again searching for an antacid that would beat the heartburn I had been battling for the past few days. I like Alka seltzer, but also felt that every time I use it, I over treat myself. I like being able to get rid of the heartburn quickly, but don’t find aspirin to be necessary to do this. When I was looking for something to fight the burn, I ran into the Alka Seltzer Gold. I noticed that this Alka Seltzer was aspirin free and that the product was specifically for heartburn,

upset stomach, and acid indigestion. I thought this would work great because I found myself suffering from two out of three of those symptoms. I bought this ox for about 6 dollars and got 36 tablets, which is 18 doses. Each dose was individually wrapped in a thick paper and contained two tablets . The main ingredients sodium citrate and potassium citrate, were suppose to get the job done quickly and efficiently. I dissolved one dose of this medicine in a small glass of water as directed. The tablets dissolved fairly quickly and did not have to be mixed.

As I drank this medication, I noticed that it still tasted like Alka Seltzer, but a little less bitter. I was able to stomach it a bit better than the original and thought that it had a cooling feeling as I guzzled it down. You must drink this product fast and start working on getting rid of the after taste almost immediately because it can follow you. After taking this medicine, I felt 100 percent. Better. I was so excited because I did not have to wait very long for results.

• Alka Seltzer Gold
      I would say, within the first five minutes, I felt a lot of heartburn being fought. I know that the pain started to dwindle away immediately and I instantly did not have the feeling that there was food stuck in my chest anymore. I found that this medicine not only stopped the heartburn in its tracks, it also left me feeling good for the rest of the evening. I did not have to take another dose and was even able to lie down after a while without suffering consequences. I like this medicine for heartburn,
      but felt that it only worked for about a week.

After a week, I started to notice that the heartburn would take longer and longer to go away and would come back more often. I think that my body got used to this medication very quickly and left me yearning for more, after using it for a week. I think that it is an okay medicine but found myself taking more than one dose after a few days. I think it is a great alternative to the regular Alka Seltzer and would still like to use it from time to time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2624011398960131/k2311a0124/1.24.11