Thai Deodorant Stick 4.25 oz  » Health  »
  • I had since given it away to someone else, so I decided to try the Thai stick instead
  • The second time I tried it was on the day when I cleaned my house-- and I most definitely sweated that day
  • I think this product works somewhat, but not enough to be trusted exclusively as a deodorant
  • There is one thing you can say about these, considering that they really don't cost very much, and they last seemingly forever (I would guess that if I used it every day, one stick might last a year) they are certainly a good economic choice
  • I would like to add that I know of some people who have not been pleased with crystal deodorants in general as far as use on the armpits, but claim that they work well on the feet

• by reviewabit

I became concerned about the use of aluminum based deodorants when I heard all the reports about their associations with cancers and other negative effects on health from long term use on the skin. I tried a couple of brands. When I tried the first brand, I was told later that I was not using it correctly, which supposedly was the reason it did not work.

I had since given it away to someone else, so I decided to try the Thai stick instead. I am not sure why it is called “Thai” as it is basically the same as any of the others in makeup.

It is a salt stone. To make it work, you wet it, then apply liberally under the arms.

I had not been wetting the first one enough, I

had discovered. So with this one, I wet it and applied several times to make absolutely certain that I was getting enough of the product onto my skin for it to work.

I tried this is on a day I was staying at the house, as I did not trust it to work when I was out. The first day I used it, it actually seemed to work pretty well.

To be fair, it was a day when all I did was sit on the computer, and it was winter, so I did not sweat. The second time I tried it was on the day when I cleaned my house– and I most definitely sweated that day.

Since it is a deodorant only, it does not stop you from perspiring, so if ...

• you don’t like the wet feeling, this is probably not a good product for you. I did get wet under my arms that day, and by the end of the day, there was definitely a smell.

I think this product works somewhat, but not enough to be trusted exclusively as a deodorant. What I have done with it is wear it on days when I am at home, and not planning to do anything that would make me sweat.

At least it gives me a break from the chemicals, and it does seem to work a bit better than some of the natural deodorants like Tom’s of Maine. There is one thing you can say about these, considering that they really don’t cost very much, and they last seemingly forever (I would guess that if I

used it every day, one stick might last a year) they are certainly a good economic choice.

I would like to add that I know of some people who have not been pleased with crystal deodorants in general as far as use on the armpits, but claim that they work well on the feet! Supposedly, if you massage them (wet of course) on the souls of your feet after showering, they will help to keep your feet from growing bacteria and fungus. I tried this once, and I have to admit my feet did not smell after a day of hot sneakers, but I am not sure if I should attribute it to the Thai crystal, or my shoe spray.

Anyway, it’s a thought, if you happen to find that you don’t like the effect on your armpits.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424011398800131/k2311a0124/1.24.11