Blue and Purple Crystal Peacock
  • I bought this crystal peacock about fourteen years ago, but I still love it as much as I did then
  • I think it is also supposed to represent that unusual and colorful design that we see on real peacock feathers
  • The base finishes off the piece nicely and makes it more interesting to look at than if it were just a peacock without a base
  • I like this piece very much, because it looks like all of the details were thought out very carefully, right down to the color and shape of the base and even its lighting effect

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I bought this crystal peacock about fourteen years ago, but I still love it as much as I did then. I have not grown tired of looking at it. It has no logo printed underneath it, though, so I don’t know the name of the company that created it. Many of the crystal pieces I own that have no logo on them look like they could have been created by Crystal World, but this piece doesn’t have the CW logo that is Crystal World’s. Perhaps it is a Crystal World piece that retired many years ago before they started printing a logo on their pieces. I really don’t know.

This peacock

figurine is about an inch and a quarter in both length and width. It is made of blue and purple crystal. That in and of itself is very unique, because most crystal pieces are not made strictly with those two colors. That is one big reason why I haven’t become tired of looking at it after all these years. And it’s strange, because I usually don’t think that blue and purple go well together. I tend to think that they clash, in a way. But somehow it works in this peacock figurine.

The bird’s head and body are clear crystal, but they make up a very small portion of the figurine.

• The neck is made of purple crystal, and the plumage is made of marquise and tear-shaped pieces of crystal that alternate from blue crystal to purple crystal and back to blue again. I guess each slab of blue crystal and purple crystal is supposed to represent a feather. The tear-shaped pieces of blue crystal each have a faceted blue crystal accent near the edge of the feather. That gives the piece a lovely blue-on-blue effect and brings extra sparkle to the peacock. I think it is also supposed to represent that unusual and colorful design that we see on real peacock feathers.

This crystal peacock sits on a bluish-silver base that

is mirrored, and the base is a diamond shape. Or maybe it is a blue-grey base that is metallic, so it almost has a gun-metal look to it. The base finishes off the piece nicely and makes it more interesting to look at than if it were just a peacock without a base.

I like this piece very much, because it looks like all of the details were thought out very carefully, right down to the color and shape of the base and even its lighting effect. I only have one other peacock figurine, which is a porcelain Limoge, so I am glad that I came upon this crystal peacock when I did.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4622011398691131/k2311a0122/1.22.11