Car Plan De Icer  » Housewares  »
  • I know this can dribble down your paint although you will just use this on the windows, and he said that warm water was always the best way to defrost your windows
  • I thought this would come out in a spray, but it’s not a fine mist, it’s more like a Jet
  • I haven’t use this all that much – perhaps 5 times and I’ve not noticed any difference in my Car paintwork

• by leeanne160480

I have always been put off buying De Icer for my Car as my husband said that the stuff wasn’t good for Cars. He always stated that all that is in the Can is basically water with lots of Salt and Chemicals and given time this would eat away at your paint and that’s not good for your Car. I guess I can see his point, but surely if it was that bad then they wouldn’t sell it? I know this can dribble down your

paint although you will just use this on the windows, and he said that warm water was always the best way to defrost your windows. But what about if you were somewhere without any Water? My Car is an older Car – 12 year old and I’ve only had it about 6 months. The paintwork is in alright condition, but not that great and to be honest when I’m finished with the Car I will either be selling it real cheap or it will get scrapped so I’m not overly fussed if certain parts of the Paint look all too bad.

Anyway having just went through a really bad winter over here this tin was my helper and friend. I got this 600ml tin for £1.50 in my local supermarket. This is the standard price for it, but it was on offer at 2 items for £2 before I got it, which covered this product and Screen Wash as well.

The tin is alright. A large tin and pretty wide as well.

• Car Plan De Icer
      Easy enough to hold I would say but not all that simple. I would say you need 2 hands to be able to use this more effectively. The tin is white and blue with a dash of red on it. the lid is pretty large and the first time I used this the lid went popping off and nearly lid someone’s Car.

So just shake this up and spray onto the area you wish to defrost. I thought this would come out in a spray, but

it’s not a fine mist, it’s more like a Jet. After this being on my ice Covered Windscreen for about 5 seconds I looked back and the Ice had totally melted. 1 sweep of my Blades and my screen was totally clear.

Such a great and practical product, you don’t even need all that much of this and the large tin will go a long way. I haven’t use this all that much – perhaps 5 times and I’ve not noticed any difference in my Car paintwork.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5322011398651131/k2311a0122/1.22.11