Versace Bright Crystal Fragrance  » Perfume  »
  • Then I bought a full size bottle from a stockist online, who makes money from selling the unused tester bottles dispensed by the perfume houses
  • Even though I can’t quite define how the scent kicks off, I love how it literally gives me a kick
  • As a whole, I believe bright crystal is a solid feminine fragrance
  • Reflecting from that experience, bright crystal is really suitable for people who prefer clean floral scents
  • I suggest you can do so with this perfume, because it’s rated safe by me

• by jhunie

I first received a 10 ml sample of this fragrance from a store. Then I bought a full size bottle from a stockist online, who makes money from selling the unused tester bottles dispensed by the perfume houses. I knowingly had my eyes open when this fragrance was released and advertised in numerous magazines, yet it took me a few years after to acknowledge the scent. All I could remember was Iseline Steiro’s face appearing so randomly in glossy pages with Versace bright crystal. I got a tip from someone in a women’s forum that it’s a nice perfume.

The fragrance starts rather harsh to my nose. The scent opens up with a wine-like aroma and something fruity, like grapefruit. My nose received a pang of smells instantly, so I couldn’t describe clearly what the top notes are. I put down my wrist to let some of the air lighten up the fragrance. It didn’t smell like that in the store.

I assume the decanted sample I sniffed had been exposed? All the while as the bright crystal remained on my body, my mind would keep going back to the scent. I later realized that the scent had changed to floral notes. I take bright crystal as a decidedly floral fragrance. The fragrance is well-composed and not so silly for a full-grown woman, due to the right concentration of floral notes against the fruity ones. Even though I can’t quite define how the scent kicks off, I love how it literally gives me a kick.

The floral part of the perfume has a strange fresh quality that never manages to bloom. It floats behind the scent and I keep waiting for it to develop fully. It has a muted freshness. What hinders that to happen is the powdery side of the perfume. I apparently get lotus in this scent, which is responsible for its slightly powdery quality. As usual, I ...

• always hit home with every fragrance as long as I can smell a woody base. And this perfume doesn’t resist my desire; it ends in a combination of flowers and woods. The scent it leaves to my skin smells light and appropriate for daytime, without the heavy musks. I thought the scent was just neutral. It holds pretty well on me. I can still smell it after 6 hours.

As a whole, I believe bright crystal is a solid feminine fragrance. It is one of the good modern floral perfumes, as well as Jeanne by lanvin and the Omnia scents by bvlgari, or Chloe. It has the potential to please everyone. I just don’t think it is special enough to call it my signature fragrance. It can blend anonymously to the sea of commercial perfumes, but not outshine them all like a glaringly bright crystal. I was also given a sample of Daisy by marc Jacobs, and my interest

admittedly was taken by this pefume first before I intended to try bright crystal. I disliked the strawberry note in Daisy, and in comparison to bright crystal, the latter smells much cleaner. Reflecting from that experience, bright crystal is really suitable for people who prefer clean floral scents.

I once had a love affair with versace’s versus because of the low-key liquor bottles of their EDTs. This happens to be more luxurious. The bright crystal flacon has a jewel-toned design but still compact enough to tote around. Although, you won’t actually do that since the bottle looks so precious to break. Most of the perfumes I acquired were bought blind; I suggest you can do so with this perfume, because it’s rated safe by me. A 100 ml bottle cost me 40 dollars. I recommend Versace bright crystal. If you’re a sucker for fruity scents but want to begin with floral fragrances, you might try your luck on this perfume.

Versace Bright Crystal Fragrance

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5622011398341131/k2311a0122/1.22.11