Chef Boyardee Mac and Cheese  » Food  »
2.5
  • I bought this can of macaroni and cheese to take on vacation for my daughter
  • It cost me around $1 for a can which is about what I feel it is worth

• by duckfan

I bought this can of macaroni and cheese to take on vacation for my daughter. I needed something very easy that I could prepare if she hated what I had made for dinner but it needed to be very easy and not use a lot of pans as we were renting a condo and I had no clue what type of pots and pans they would have. Well, it turned out she did hate the dinner I made so all I had to

do was use a can opener and dump this into a container and heat it up.

Ease of use: If you can operate a can opener and a microwave you can heat this up in less than 3 minutes. It really does not get easier than that. This would be a great food for a dorm room or for kids for a snack because it is so easy to make.

The flavor: The flavor was unlike any other mac and cheese I had ever had.

• It was most similar to velveeta. It had a thick cheese sauce with a odd tang flavor to it. My preschooler loved this mac and cheese and ate a lot of it. I had a few bites and did not like it at all. It had a really odd after taste that lingered in my mouth for awhile. I will not be eating this again, but I will serve it to my kids who liked it.

The price for quality: Excellent.

It cost me around $1 for a can which is about what I feel it is worth.

This was not the worst canned pasta I have ever had. I give it a 5. Good price, ok flavor, easy to make. It has around 10 grams of fat if you eat half the can so I will not be eating it often, but it did have some calcium in it, around 1/4 of the daily need so I do not feel too bad about giving it to my children.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2722011397721031/k2311a0122/1.22.11