Olay Total Effects 7in1 Anti-Aging Revitalizing Cleanser  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I bought this product at walmart for about $9.00 for a 6.5 fl oz bottle
  • The first thing that I noticed was the smell
  • To be honest it barely foamed at all, I thought that I used to much water so when I moved around my face and neck I used differing amounts of water and the product still did not foam as I had expected
  • I quickly applied some Aveeno moisturizer that I had and that solved the problem immediately

• by webgirl40

Most of my family are avid Olay product users. However, I, for the most part have not really tried a whole lot of Olay products. I have used some and had mixed results so I do not completely trust the company. One of those products for which I had mixed reviews was Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 Anti Aging Foaming Facial Cleanser.

I bought this product at walmart for about $9.00 for a 6.5 fl oz bottle. I have to say that I liked the bottle and the bottle was one of the reasons that I bought it. It had a really great modern design on the front and was inverted to make using the perfect amount a tad bit easier. According to Olay, this product is a foaming cleanser that not only helps

fight signs of aging and revitalizes the skin but also helps to shrink pores without clogging and will remove excess oil, make-up dirt and other contaminants that are effect found on the skin.

I used it that night as my then boyfriend and I were going out to dinner. I took a medium sized amount, I used an amount that seemed to look right, (about half the size of a half dollar) and put it on the main areas of my face and neck. I then mixed with warm water and began to wash my face. The first thing that I noticed was the smell. It is light and clean, but it is a definite soapy smell that I would not want to linger on my face.

The next thing that I noticed was the poor ...

• foaming quality. Maybe I am expecting too much but when I pay $9.00 for a “”foaming cleanser” I fully expect it to foam up. This product did lather up a little but it was in no way the foam that I had been expecting. To be honest it barely foamed at all, I thought that I used to much water so when I moved around my face and neck I used differing amounts of water and the product still did not foam as I had expected.

To be fair, this product did clean my skin quite well and I was surprised how silky and smooth my face felt after washing. I patted it dry and began to notice that the silky smooth feeling was fading and my face was becoming quite dry and very tight.

I felt as thought someone ha sucked all of the moisture off my face. I quickly applied some Aveeno moisturizer that I had and that solved the problem immediately.

I used this product for a month and saw no difference in my face except for a chronic dryness that was getting to be a big irritation. I saw no change in the glow or color of my skin, no change in its firmness or texture. The only thing I got out of my $9.00 investment was a terrible case of dry skin.

I would not recommend this product. While it does clean the face, it also seems to suck all the moisture out of it thus causing more problems then it solves. I am now using aveeno and have not tried this product again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122011397540931/k2311a0122/1.22.11