Theraflu Daytime Severe Cold and Cough Berry Infused with Menthol and Green Tea Flavor  » Medicine  »
  • Though I like the original version, it is not always ideal to take a medication that makes me drowsy and unable to function for the day
  • The box came with six packages or doses in it and the cost was around six dollars
  • The warm feeling definitely does a number on some of the chest congestion
  • The best think about this medicine is that I was able to stay coherent and that I did not need to take multiple doses to keep the affect
  • I found myself still needing to take this medicine for relief after the two days, but did not want to buy more

• by adrean_j

Theraflu has always been one of my favorite products to use when I have a cold accompanied by a sore throat. Though I like the original version, it is not always ideal to take a medication that makes me drowsy and unable to function for the day. I needed something that I could take, feel better, and take care of business with. I purchased the Theraflu Daytime Severe Cold and cough Berry Infused with Menthol and Green Tea Flavor. The flavor sounded very intriguing and I could not help but love the fact that it was in a daytime formula. The box came with six packages or doses in it and the cost was around six dollars.

I first took this medication in the afternoon. One thing I really hated is the packaging. The packets have little slits that are suppose to make it easy to rip open, but the package never rips properly and almost always left me in need of a knife or some scissors. The medicine itself was in powder form and needed to poured into a hot mug of water.

As I poured it into the water, I got a good whiff of the berry and menthol scent. There were vapors as I mixed the powder in and it gave me something good to breathe in. The powder dissolves almost instantly if your water is hot enough and I did ...

• not need to stir very vigorously. This medicine is something that has to be slow sipped because it needs to be served very hot. What I like about this Theraflu is that it started to soothe my throat and chest after only the first sip. The warm feeling definitely does a number on some of the chest congestion. I also did not feel like swallowing was so bad while drinking this. The flavor of it was pretty different, but also kind of tasty. It was a little bitter, but that berry flavor really jumps out to you and claims yur mouth. After taking this medicine I felt a lot of relief. I definitely had less urges to
        cough and did not feel that scratchy feeling in my throat anymore that I had been dealing with.

The best think about this medicine is that I was able to stay coherent and that I did not need to take multiple doses to keep the affect. I did not feel as horrible as I did in the beginning until about seven hours after the dose. After taking doses for a couple of days I felt much better. The only thing I really did not like about this product is that you only get six doses in the box. I found myself still needing to take this medicine for relief after the two days, but did not want to buy more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2621011397301131/k2311a0121/1.21.11