Durabrand Alarm Clock/AM+FM Radio  » Electronics  »
  • I love the display set-up on the alarm clock, it easily tells me whether It's am or pm, and what alarm mode I currently have set on

• by godsmacked460

I’ve relied on this great alarm clock to wake me up for school and work now for over 2 years. I got it as a christmas present a few years back, and immediately loved how great the alarm clock woke me up, and without startling me (most alarm clocks scare me awake, and leave me feeling startled throughout the first few minutes of my morning). APPEARANCE The alarm clock looks great, it’s silver, with a red-LED letter display, and a black background. The alarm clock has the perfect shape to be stored anywhere, and doesn’t have a tiny base, so it won’t keep falling over like some of the cheaper alarm clocks.

I love the display set-up on the alarm clock, it easily tells me whether It’s a. m. or p.

m. , and

what alarm mode I currently have set on. One click glance before I head to bed, and I can tell whether my alarm’s going to wake me up the next morning or not.

DURABILITY With me, having a durable alarm clock is a must. I tend to get really frustrated with alarm clocks, because no one actually enjoys being woken up very early in the morning. I’ve hit several alarm clocks in my day, and broken quite a few.

This alarm clock has been knocked completely off of my television and thrown to the cement floor, and no damage was taken, all feature still worked great. Having a durable alarm clock is very important, because everyone wants to use one alarm clock that they can easily understand, for years at a ...

• time. PERFORMANCE The alarm clock performs just as well as I need it to.

I can easily adjust the amount of sound I’d like to come out of the tiny machine. There’s a turn-knob on one side of the device that allows me to change how loud or soft I’d like the alarm tone to be. I usually put it somewhere right in the middle of the two.

It always wakes me up, and never startles me awake. I can’t stand starting out the day to a bad alarm clock. it’s amazing how much one, inexpensive product can make to your everyday life, and how quick of an effect it can make!

FEATURES The alarm clock has just about all of the same features that most alarm clocks these days has.

It’s got an a. m. f.

m. radio, meaning I could actually wake-up to the radio every day if I wanted, but I prefer to just wake up to my ipod if I was really interested in waking up to music I like. It’s got all of the buttons that make programming the time and alarm very easy, and the entire layout of the device is easy to figure out.

OVERALL SATISFACTION I’m overall very happy with my purchase of this alarm clock/radio. I’ve never had a better alarm clock, it always gets me up on time without startling me awake. People don’t realize how important alarm clocks are, and how much of a difference they can make, they’re crucial to society.

and I would recommend that everyone interested in being a part of society purchase this wonderful product!

Aparna majumdar says :

Could u plz tell me how to set time in Durabrand AM FM Clock Radio after plugging it to power supply. i cant find any way……

John says :

Hold the time button and the forward button. Next hold the time and the reverse button to set it to the proper time.

Galega says :

That’s all about pressing the right buttons to set the time. Following steps should guide you:
    Press the TIME set button together with the HOUR set button until the display shows the desired hour. Now press the TIME set button together with the MINUTE set button until the display shows the desired minutes. Look at the PM indicator. If it is off, then that is AM.

jo Tomasek says :

There seems to be a lot of interference static coming through…how an I eleiminate this. I have a brand new CR-210 Durabrand AM FM clock radio.

John says :

I’ve noticed that this happens whenever you’re near a TV antenna or another other wireless device. You should avoid placing it next to a WiFi router as well.

Galega says :

You need to do something for both AM and FM radio reception, if there is continuous interference/noise in the signal. For best AM reception, rotate the radio a small amount or position it near the window.For best FM reception, unwrap and fully extend the FM antenna wire.

V.N.Sethuraman says :

The 110Volts Durabrand alarmclock.AM FM set was inserted i 220 Volts supplied. It is not working.What to do ?

John says :

Are you not getting any power whatsoever? If not you should check the power cord for any damage. If there’s no damage, it’s likely to be an internal problem. It’s not something that can be easily repaired. If you’re under warranty you should contact Durabrand to inquire about it.

Galega says :

That problems usually happens with Indians when they brought an electronic instruments from the USA. It is because of the difference of voltage standard in these two countries. In all probability, your radio has gotten damaged from inside. It will be prudent on your part to take it to a service center. Also, consider buying a 220 to 110 V adapter.

JimA herbert says :

How do you set the alarm clock on a Durabrand radio ? Model HM3817DT

John says :

Press and hold the buttons that says “time” and “forward”. Next press and hold the “time” and “reverse” button. Wait until the time is correct and release.

Galega says :

You need to do it once, and you will get a sort of expertise. There won’t be any problem. Check following steps to set ALARM.
    Use the ALARM/OFF button to check the alarm time. Press the ALARM/OFF button together with the HOUR set button until the display shows the desired alarm hour time. Press the ALARM/OFF button together with the MINUTE set button until the display shows the correct alarm minutes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161803139710831/k2311a0318/3.18.07