Baga beach  » Travel  »
Baga, Goa, India
  • Overall I can say that I had an awesome experience at Baga beach with my friends

• by Alvin Abraham

Baga was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life. It had lush green country side with swaying palm trees on one side and golden beaches on the other. I had visited this place twice, once when I was a kid and the other one was recently when I had a trip to Goa with my friends.

My review is based on Baga beach, which is one of the most known tourist spot in Baga. It lies 10 km west of Mapusa town. We travelled from Pune to Belgaum in train which amounted to Rs. 410 each, and then we took a bus from there to Baga via Mapusa town

which amounted to Rs. 50 each. The journey was hassle-free and cheap too.

I fell in love with the beach the very second we reached there. I felt like it was a perfect escape from my busy life and not only that, it was a peaceful and quiet beach unlike any other larger beach in Goa. It was not very much crowded and noisy because of which we nearly had half of the beach to ourselves which made our trip even more lively and fun.

Firstly we took a dip in the sea and then we tried nearly all the water sports which were available out there such as parasailing, jet-skis, banana boating and speed ...

• boating. It was cheap and over-all it costed us Rs. 180 per head. After that we took a ride on a tourist boat (fishing boat) to the deep sea to look out for dolphins, it was fun!

For food we went to Hotel Linda’s. They served us excellent butter garlic grilled prawns and lobsters. While tasting food, we could tell that the Chef was indeed a master of his art as he used the herbs and spices in the right amounts to provide gourmet taste. It was delicious.

I also saw that there were all kinds of odds and ends, handicrafts, jewellery and food stalls on the beach. But because of lack of time we

couldn’t go out try out all the stores. All we tried out were the handicraft stores. Since it was the Saturday, the Saturday flea market was also open on the beach. It was an awesome hang out and we could see bling out everywhere. In one corner of the market, a temporary stage was constructed for the local musicians and bands to perform. There were various stalls in the market.

Overall I can say that I had an awesome experience at Baga beach with my friends. It was alive and fresh from the start of the day till the end of night. Whenever you get a chance to go to Goa, never miss the Baga beach.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3821011396821031/k2311a0121/1.21.11