Charlie’s Grind and Grill  » Restaurants  »
Ronac Building, Lot 11 and 12, Ortigas Ave., North Greenhills, San Juan City
  • I love it so much that I have been eating there at least once a week for the past month
  • The burgers are juicy and tasty, and have a delicious grilled taste
  • The last time I ate there, I ordered the gorgonzola cheese which was, in my opinion, not a good idea
  • What I don’t like about the wings is that there are always several pieces which are too big and seem like a piece of chicken in itself instead of just smaller parts, which I prefer
  • All in all, I am a big fan of chicken wings and Charlie’s hot wings is one of the best I’ve tasted and is my favorite at the moment

• by TheCity

Charlie’s Grind and Grill is one of the hottest burger places around. No matter what day or time it is, the place is always packed. I love it so much that I have been eating there at least once a week for the past month. The first branch is in Brgy. San Antonio and it has more of a hole-in-the-wall feel, something like the small restaurants you can find near universities. The newer branch is in Greenhills, and this one has a high-end sports diner feel, with a flat screen TV to watch basketball games and the like. The location is okay, except that parking can be hard at times.

Charlie’s has a lot of dishes to offer. They have burgers, hotdogs, chicken wings, steak, clam chowder, etc. They also have a huge assortment of drinks such as imported beers, sodas, and fresh milkshakes and also has a water dispenser where you can get all the

water you want. The service is quick enough, although at times when the place is packed, it can take a while for your order to be served.

I usually order their black angus burger (P165 – USD 3.75) and a half order of hot chicken wings which costs P170 (USD 3.85) both to share with my friend, which is enough if we’re just having a snack. For heavy dinners, we order a whole order of wings which has 12 pieces. Their burgers are good. The buns are nothing special, but good and chewy enough. The burgers are juicy and tasty, and have a delicious grilled taste. The patty is thick enough to make you full. It’s topped with onions, lettuce, and a tomato. You can top it with cheddar cheese, or for an additional P90 (USD 2.05), gorgonzola cheese. The last time I ate there, I ordered the gorgonzola cheese which was, in my ...

• opinion, not a good idea. The cheese tasted too strong that it overpowered the burger taste which I was there for in the first place. Cheddar cheese should be much better. You can also choose to top it with portabello mushrooms for an additional P300 (USD6.80), but I haven’t tried them yet.

The burgers are served with truffle fries which are extremely good. They have all the condiments such as ketchup, mustard, horseradish, aioli, mayonnaise, etc, which you can pour to your hearts’ content.

The wings have several sauces to choose from. My favorite is the hot one, which is really good. The chicken is crisp and juicy and the sauce is hot and delicious. What I don’t like about the wings is that there are always several pieces which are too big and seem like a piece of chicken in itself instead of just smaller parts, which I prefer. However, this is good in

a way, because a half order is already very generous and well worth the price. All in all, I am a big fan of chicken wings and Charlie’s hot wings is one of the best I’ve tasted and is my favorite at the moment. An order of wings also comes with vegetables such as carrots and celeries to dip in the blue cheese sauce which is delicious. I also tried their sweet honey Dijon wings, which I did not enjoy. I was expecting crisp and tangy wings, but we were served wings topped with a lot of sweet sauce, which only had a very light mustard taste and was mostly just sweet honey. It was too sweet and a bit nauseating.

Overall though, Charlie’s really has good comfort food, and the price is not bad for the generous servings. It’s a bright and homey place to have a snack and I will surely be back again soon. Highly recommended!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 721011396801031/k2311a0121/1.21.11