Amazon.com Printable Gift Card
  • Except unlike previous years I decided to try something new
  • I think an actual plastic card seems nicer but short on time, this was a great option

• by susie.qsie

This Christmas I was at a loss as to what I should get for my brother-in-law for Christmas. He is incredibly difficult to shop for and if there is something he wants, he usually just goes out and gets it.

He was the last person I had left on my list and I went with the old standby — a gift card. Except unlike previous years I decided to try something new. I did a printable Amazon.com gift card. I was able to pick whatever denomination I

wanted. I ultimately went with a pretty standard $50 but it was nice to know had I wanted, say $35.00, I could have done that as well.

I got to choose my gift cards design. There were several options for Christmas, birthdays, thank yous, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and some plain designs. After choosing my design I printed it out and folded it up to put in an envelope.

Admittedly, this wasn’t the greatest-looking gift. I think an actual plastic card seems nicer but short on time, this was ...

• a great option. The image of the card also didn’t print out quite centered on my paper but I’m not sure if that was the fault of the Amazon gift card image or my printer.

I liked knowing my brother-in-law would be able to get virtually anything with his gift. He ended up getting an MP3 player from his wife so the Amazon card will be great for buying downloadable music from their MP3 center.

Also, the printed out card got left at our house by mistake after

they left. However, instead of having to mail it out to him, I just emailed him the claim code and he was able to use it that day online. He said he loaded into his account and it just subtracts orders from it automatically. So he didn’t have to spend it all at one time or keep re-entering the code each time he used it.

This proved to be a great last-minute gift idea for me. I’ll be keeping it in mind for future gift-giving.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4621011396711031/k2311a0121/1.21.11