Timex Triathon Watch  » Watches  »
  • They seem to be about the best, inexpensive watch out there
  • I love having the date feature on my watch, I've become completely reliant on the watch to always have the date for me, and my friends always know I'll know the date and time at any given moment

• by godsmacked460
      I’ve loved my Timex Triathlon watch since the day I’ve gotten it. I’ve only had two watches my entire life, and I’m proud to declare that both watches were Timex Ironman watches. They seem to be about the best, inexpensive watch out there! I wear a watch 24/7 and never take it off. I even wear a watch in public pools and in the shower, which I take several times a day (only important to prove that the watches are very durable).

DURABILITY Like I said, the Timex Ironman Triathlon is a VERY durable watch. With the exception of some minor paint-chipping, which happens with any coated watch, the watch will last forever! I’ve had this one for about 2 years now, with no problems! I wear the watch daily in the shower, in highly chlorinated public pools, etc. The watch never shows signs of wear, and has never went wrong.

The date and time are always convienently displayed, along with the actual day of the week (monday, tuesday, saturday, etc. ). I

love having the date feature on my watch, I’ve become completely reliant on the watch to always have the date for me, and my friends always know I’ll know the date and time at any given moment.

It’s really a comforting feeling for me to always know what time of day/day it is, just by a quick glance down at my stylish watch. APPEARANCE The watch has a very stylish, silver look. It has no annoying bulkiness, and is very comfortable.

It always stays tight to my wrist, without causing any discomfort. Most steel-band watches annoy my wrist, especially if they fit slightly too large, or slightly too small, which is generally the case. The strap is made out of a very soft rubber/plastic-like material, so it never annoys my wrist or causes rashes.

The buttons don’t bulge out either, like in most expensive watches. WATER PROOF The watch is 100% water proof up to 100 Meters of pressure. Of course I’ll never go scuba-diving, so I’ll never have to worry about ...

• getting any water damage to the watch.

I’ve gotten it wet at least a thousand times, never with any damage done to the watch/strap. STOPWATCH The watch has a convienent stop-watch built in, with a lap counter as well, used for running laps in a gym or out on a track field. I’ve used it several times in track races, and in science class experiments.

TIMER The watch also has a timer, meaning that you can set the watches’ alarm to go off after a given amount of time. This is a great feature for many reasons. It’s great for cooking, if you don’t like the hassle of the oven timer, or won’t be around to hear it.

Laundry is another great one. OCCASION You can set alarms for specific occasions as well! You set the date, and what type of occasion it is (this is always enough of a reminder for me, however I don’t excessively use this feature), and when the time strikes, your alarm will go off and the

reminder of the event type will pop up. There are over 20 different event types ranging from birthday, to anniversary!

ALARMS There are 3 different alarms you can set all at the same time.

For example, if you need one to remind you to wake up, one to remind you for band practice, and one to remind you it’s time for medication, you can do just that! You can also set days of the week you’d like for the alarm to go off, with the click of a few buttons. INDIGLO The watch has an awesome Red-Indiglo which lights up at night when you press the top-right button, displaying all of the information on the watch crystal-clear in the darkest situations. The light is very hard to see during the day.

OVERALL I love the watch, and would recommend it to anyone who’s interested in knowing the time, date, day of the week, rememeber occasions, and stay organized at all times of the day! It’s got a great appearance, is very durable, is water proof, and has a lot of great features including an indiglo red light!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 641803139660831/k2311a0318/3.18.07