Knorr’s Pasta Sides Parmesan  » Food  »
  • Upon tasting the pasta, I can say I was satisfied, but not impressed
  • However, the noodles were quite short and I prefer longer ones, the pasta stuck in clumps especially at the top despite it still being warm
  • Of course, it is very easy and convenient to prepare
  • All in all, although it could definitely be improved, Knorr’s Parmesan Pasta Sides is a good pasta mix and I enjoyed eating it

• by TheCity

A few weeks ago, I was craving for pasta and did not have any in the house. That is why the next time I went grocery shopping, I made sure to buy some instant pasta mix to stock my pantry with, in case I get another sudden craving. I went with Knorr’s Pasta Sides Parmesan as the pack looked very appetizing. The packet describes it as “Fettuccini and spinach pasta in a Parmesan and Romano cheese sauce with green onions and garlic” and the picture with

the fettuccini spinach pasta in a creamy sauce looked so tempting.

The packet states that it is for two servings, but I cooked the whole pack at once as I was starving. There are a lot of suggested recipes for it online but I just went for the plain thing. A whole pack gave me a huge plate full of the pasta which I was able to finish, with a little bit of help from my mom.

Upon tasting the pasta, I can say I was satisfied, but not ...

• impressed. It was good enough; it was creamy and tasted okay. However, the noodles were quite short and I prefer longer ones, the pasta stuck in clumps especially at the top despite it still being warm. I could have added more water but then it would be too soggy already. For me, it was a bit bland and could have been a bit tastier, and like any cream-based pasta, I can’t eat too much without getting tired of it. I mixed some Tabasco in
        it and it tasted so much better. Of course, it is very easy and convenient to prepare.

All in all, although it could definitely be improved, Knorr’s Parmesan Pasta Sides is a good pasta mix and I enjoyed eating it. If you’re like me, who often gets pasta cravings, it’s very handy to have in the pantry. At P109.95 (USD 2.50) for a pack, it’s not the cheapest, but I would still buy it at that price as it has a huge serving and can satiate my cravings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721011396450931/k2311a0121/1.21.11